addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Consciousness Hacking Meetup - Santa Cruz Message Board › Proposals for next meeting - 1/24/2014

Proposals for next meeting - 1/24/2014

Mikey S.
user 32380122
Group Organizer
San Carlos, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Consciousness Hackers!

I'm setting up this thread for proposing ideas for the next meeting which will be on January 24th at 7pm. Please specify which of these categories you are interested in, or if you don't know that's ok. And provide a short description of what you would like to share. If you prefer to keep it private then email me.

1) Show and Tell (20 min): Bring something to present, with or without slides. It should be a concrete example of Consciousness Hacking. It might be a tool or technology that you developed, or it might be a cool commercial or otherwise already existing tool that you think is worth sharing.

2) Idea Oven (20 min): Bring an idea, that might be half-baked, and receive support from the community to take it to reality. This will be a supportive and safe space to explore a project idea where you can receive creative, practical or technical guidance. This should be a concrete idea that you genuinely plan to pursue. It will be helpful if you can work beforehand to articulate the idea as clearly as possible. You should begin your session with a 4 sentence or less description of what the project is.
A former member
Post #: 3
Stile
Sense Your Communication

Your Stile Of Communication - Step beyond the barriers

An app to assist people to sense the truth of what they feel and wish to communicate. It can be used as a tool when you feel stress about what you have to say to another, or what you feel as you approach a group situation, etc., any time there is a sense of slowing down, a sense of confusion or difficulty in expression

The app directs a human to bring their awareness to what they are feeling right in this moment as they come to know how to communicate what they wish to communicate. The app then asks:

Choose a color to represent what you sense/feel right now
Choose a musical tone to represent what you sense/feel right now
Choose an shape
Choose an animal
Choose a temperature
(each choice opens a menu of options)

Then...

The app directs them to bring their awareness to what they have to say, not worrying about the words, the delivery or the outcome. It asks:

Choose an shape
Choose an animal
Choose a temperature

Then...

The app directs them to bring their awareness to how they want to feel once their communication is delivered and received - how does it feel when your communication is heard and honored? It asks:

Choose an shape
Choose an animal
Choose a temperature

Then...

The app takes this information and goes through an algorithm to harmonize (see sonicgeometry.com) the notes, create shades of the colors, etc and create a sensory experience (visual, sound, rhythmic) using the information from the calculated set of data. This creation plays for them by itself on the screen for 21 seconds or more with sound of breath included and they are prompted to just watch and feel it, to take their awareness to how their body feels as they take in this sensory creation.

Then...

It prompts them to stay aware of these sensations as they type at least one sentence of what they want to have heard as they communicate what they previously didn’t know how to communicate. There is harmonic music with breath undertone playing as they construct their sentense, again, prompted to stay in touch with the sensory experience of the tones, colors, images, etc and let the words be distilled from within that sense.

Once they hit “Done”, the app displays their sentence for them with a reminder: as they walk through the door to actually deliver this message, remember how the sensory experience feels in their body, the sense of the space from which this communication was created, and then go speak what feels true, whether they read what they created with the app or use different words.

Within the final attainment of color, sound, temperature, animal, tree, the background or atmosphere of it is set with sacred geometry, flower of life or merkaba floating in the background but perceivable.

It could come with an option to connect an eeg/heart rate monitor to be able to track your body’s response as you develop your communication.

Perhaps a function to move the phone around and change the tone within the harmonic of the communication sense you’d like to convey, moving the scene, sort of like how Frax works

Required:
Program manager
Software brilliance
Graphic design brilliance
Marketing brilliance

Reference:

Intuitive apps
“Frax”
SonicGeometry.com
The Mozart Effect
Masuro Emoto
art by Deb Delisi
Mikey S.
user 32380122
Group Organizer
San Carlos, CA
Post #: 2
Wow Kerri!

What a great precedent to set for a proposal! This is well thought out, and well articulated. Apps that ping users for their internal state are becoming more popular, but this is a whole different twist. First, I like the categories you offer for describing state. VERY interesting. And I like that you propose a feedback component based on the analysis of the report. Really cool.

A couple things that you might enjoy checking out:
http://expereal.com/...­
http://moodpanda.com/...­
http://quantifiedself...­

And I wonder if there is any more information you can find on the "algorithm to harmonize" that might enable a programmer to write that algorithm?
A former member
Post #: 4
Thank you, Mikey!

Yeah, this is different than quantifying yourself for an analytic approach to "know thyself". There is nothing to keep track of, although it could have an extension (ie purchase the expanded version) that allows saving a "stile" (that may be the word used to describe one pass through the Stile journey - by walking through the journey you create a "stile", hence the photo above). While our minds are very adept at calculating and analyzing, the mind has very little to do with sensation - it can distract, numb, avoid and control sensation, but the mind is not a sensory instrument. Freedom in knowing who we truly are is in the absence of control. So rather than create a way for the mind to think its way to communication, this will guide people to be aware of their sensory awareness and ability to communicate from that awareness.

With respect to an algorithm, what presented to me was the mechanism that is used to create fractal mandalas from individuals' personal numerology: http://keithallenkay....­ . I remember hearing Keith speak about this years ago, and I think I remember him saying he uses an algorithm to relate the various aspects of one's numerological values, birth date, number of letters in the first and last name, time of birth, etc. to create the images. Mine is at the bottom of my website home page.

The other one I'm aware of is an app called Frax which creates a mandelbrot fractalscape to explore as you tip your phone, pinch or expand the screen, and/or change color, density, and a couple of other values related to the visual experience. I don't YET have the vocabulary to speak of programming fractals and having them respond to variables.

We'll need a way to quantify the expression of "temperature", "animal", etc, and this is why I suggest looking at sonicgeometry.com. Using the musical scale based in 432, the numbers themselves are innately harmonizing whether or not they are translated into sound. The frequency and vibration alone of the geometric shapes has an effect on the consciousness of anyone who interacts with them - reference Dr Emoto's work and the makeup of the human consciousness and the body as space between (predominantly) water molecules responding to awareness.

There is also innate listening (ie intuitive/psychic/whatever word you want to use) and communication with the consciousness of this project and the technology for guidance in how to bring this all together. The project already has its own life and consciousness. In fact, that is how it came to be - it took me about 10 minutes to write it out because it was already formed in consciousness, sort of like low-hanging-fruit. One simply needs to be available to receive and perceive the tree.

I'm going to begin working on the visual expression of this, ie the user-interface/gui/what is the best term to call what you see when you look at your screen?

Thanks for playing!
With love,
Kerri