Join the Conservation Scuba Club, for Great Events, Discounts, but mostly to learn about how you can help the underwater environment get healthy and stay healthy for our great grand children and their great grand children. To preserve and protect the oceans is our primary mission in this club.
Join the Florida Conservation Scuba Diving Club, for Great Events, Opportunities to do hands on underwater conservation efforts, Club Discounts on gear and on travel and dives and of course to dive & travel too all over Florida!
club1Scuba Lessons Inc. sponsored Florida Conservation Club serves the state of Florida and has instructors and groups that meet in: Lehigh, Miami Beach, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Venice, Naples, Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete, Daytona Beach, New Smyrna, Edgewater, Daytona, Port Orange, Kissimmee, Winter tutle hospitalSprings, Altamonte Springs, Orlando, Longwood, Poinciana, UCF area and South to West Palm Beach and Key Largo and even Key West. turtle releaseJoin our club today and meet others like you who care about the underwater world after seeing it diving and want to protect it. Not only do you save money but you have fun, you make a tangible difference in the world and become a part of the difference. Whether your learning advance diving skills to keep your fins off the coral or rescuing a whale you are making a difference! We want to support your efforts, organize and pool together our resources to make the biggest impact with the least effort so we can keep doing more. We at Scuba Lessons Inc. will offer you members specials on Scuba Training and programs.
How do we do it? We partner up! We welcome marine and community based charities to let us know where we can help. We share great divinginformation and services and pilot whalesdiscounts. We share dive knowledge and updates too. We also together sponsor and support efforts of several underwater focused charities including:
M.A.R.S. Marine Animal Rescue Society in missions to preserve, rescue and protect marine mammals and we offer to provide free diving and lessons and discovery dives to handicapp military in our HSA give back program. We offer professional scuba career path training to inner city kids in rough situations and helping them through professional levels in diving giving them a positive path in our Positive Future program. This summer and nballsext summer and in January we are undertaking two major staghorn and elkhorn coral replanting club programs & class with the Coral Resoration Foundation in an outreach program on coral conservation which is hands on. We also plan to support the Florida Underwater State Parks Mapping Programs as volunteers in scientific field survey work and underwater video and photography supporting other programs who are hard at work heading these tasks up.
We are a co-op, joined together sharing resources to acomplish as much as we can for the marine environment. We are joining local dive clubs and oranizations like handiReefBall and Coral Restoration.org to do coral restoration projects planned for this year, we are writing a grant request now to hopefully sponsor an acre of underwater land for the Coral Restoration Foundation to expand the coral nurseries.
We do educational programs. Endangered Watch programs. We do scientific research diver assistance programs from counting snook to taking pictures of dolphins in the wild in Sarasota bay and notating GPS coordinates.. this information goes to scientist who study the effects of the oil spill, these dolphin research diver assistance programs and many others are done by volunteers. We do major trips and share ideas, shore dives, discounts and other resources to keep in with our club mission of making diving fun, affordable and accessible and sustainable for everyone now and forever. sharktagThat means making sure our reefs stay there and sharks are not killed off!
A major new partner this year is SHARK WHISPERER program. Their website is: SharkWhisperer.org and there is much we can do to help them. They offer educational programs for school children from K-12 grade. You can talk to your children's teacher and get this set up in your classrooms. We support shark tagging programs with Sara the Shark Whisperer and do dives and out reach events to support shark education and outreach and shark conservation efforts.
We do allot in the mix too like help marine biology programs in tracking and counting snook, turtle hospitals, manatee rescues and hospitals. We support programs to plant reef balls and are working on a reef project with a local dive club joining forces, we plan this year to propagate coral and with people together who each do a little, together we do so much to help the environment. This takes allot of work, but its fun and although there is no obligationto do anything by joining the club we greatly encourage and welcome your participation continually though our meet up group at www.meetup.com/ConservationDiveClub/. reefballsThe cool thing is there is so much going on all the time you can simply pick and choose what you want to join in on and what you don't. All the details show in your quarterly newsletter and on the meet up group page. Just sign up, its free for the club and many events and some there are fees but they usually are boat fees or class fees but with huge discounts.. We are looking for hands on volunteer efforts more than cash donations.. This is about achieving the most action to help the underwater world with the resources we have.
manateerescueOur club is ALWAYS FREE! We are extremely involved in the community we have with members all over the state of Florida we do many fun and exciting things. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to keep up to date- it is sent out quarterly and in marine emergencys only when we call for help. You can be a part of the change to make things better, animals, people and our world. 71% of our world is underwater and we need to do more to protect it. You can be a part of the solution. Frankly its just fun for me! We meet so many friends and get to interact with amazing animals and see amazing things happen. This club has always been a blast.
Here are some of the programs we curently have in place, support, sponor or founded now:
1. Reef.org - We are a proud member & a Reef.org Field Station. We provide field surveys, fish identification online resources and training and we promote counts of fish on the reefs as we dive normally anyway. Using Reef.org forms and underwater slates and pencils we simply record the fish and submit our results of the surveys online at Reef.org. It is easy and free way to help researchers by letting them see the results of the data collected they can get support for ecology programs and study and learn more about the reef systems and effects of man made issues on these reefs. It is is easy to be a part of this effort. First Join Reef as a member by going to this web page: Reef.org Member Registration Then watch this video to learn how to do the survey's correctly when you do your next dive. And Lastly earn how to identify the fish! Once you do a few survey's give us a call. We can provide testing and certificates for passing these exams and proving your expertise in fish identification!
2. We also sponsor and started M.A.R.S. Marine Animal Rescue Society of SW Florida and we partner with state and grass roots wildlife rescue organizations and send volunteers to efforts to rescue stranded or in danger marine mammels. Using boats, divers and volunteers we can make a difference. Once you join the conservation club you will get newsletters on how you can help with emergency efforts for strandings and how you can take additional volunteer training in animal husbandry, handeling and care to be prepared for these efforts. The strandings can be in the middle of the night and require hundreds of volunteers to help save the animals. These classes are rare and are time intensive but for those that participate the rewards of what you accomplish is worth the effort!
3. We are teaming up with Local Dive clubs and our club and ReefBall.org in an effort to do a major coral reef restoration project and need your help. The organization Reef Ball has representatives that will be presenting "Coral Restoration - How You Can Help!" - more information will be on the meet up group when this class happens again. Come and learn how you can help and get in the water planting reefs and coral and making a difference! We will be following up with planning for a major reef ball coral restoration project for our club once we get permits and the corals in our aquariums gets big enough! Join the club and see the newsletters for more information on this project!
4. Sharks - Shark Angels, Shark Whispering.. We are a Shark Whisperer program partner. Want to get up close an personal with a shark or help in tagging efforts for shark research programs? How about educational programs to teach the general public about the dangers of depleting the worlds sharks by finning! You can join the conservation club and get emailed information on projects we have going on with Shark Protection! The Shark Tagging research dives are listed on our meet up pages as they occur: You can find out more or go direct to them for info on how you can help by emailing Sara the Shark Whisperer directly at: email@example.com. Also by getting our newsletter we willupdate you with research dives and shark educational events, ecology programs and dives when they happen!
5. Dolphin Research Database -Simply snap pictures of dolphin dorsal fins and submit with GPS coordinates. You do not even have to dive.. better at the surface or even snorkeling. We will then submit this image and coordinate data to dolphin research teams in Sarasota bay, Tampa Bay and the Gulf. It is that easy. Submit photos and coordinates to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime! This project was at the request of the Mote Marine Science Lab Scientist who are research the effects of the Gulf Oil Spill and a new disease that is affecting birth rate, weight and reproduction in dolphins in the gulf.
6. Manatee Educational Programs - 3 times a year in the winter months we sponsor a snorkel with the manatees and on the way out and back and during the day we provide a manatee educational program that teaches you all about manatees. How they breed, feed, communicate, bone structure, size, habits and habitat. These are taught by Tina O'Connell a certified NAUI scuba instructor with over 30 years experience working with Manatees and caring for them both in the wild and in an aquarium setting. Join the Conservation Club newsletter and meet up group to get notified of these events!
7. Nations Kid's Scuba Outreach-Kids in the city need to excercise, stay off the streets, away from the drugs and keep busy! Interceed in the life of a disadvantaged inner-city child who does not have the money to afford to scuba dive or learn how. We are calling for volunteer instructors in the Ft. Myers area who are willing to join with Nation's Charity and sponsor or provide FREE scuba training for these kids. We are looking for sponsors who will help pay for basic equipment and book packs for these kids. You will get videos and pictures of your sponsored kid and updates on their progress for your sponsorship. We would like to build this into a program where by the older teen children can go pro and become divemasters and interns for our local dive shops and later teach the younger ones in the programs everywhere they end up. Essentially offering kids a career path that beats the drugs on the street or other trouble they would get into. This keeps kids busy and happy and healthy! You don't have to be an instructor to help. You can sponsor a child for only $179 to cover the costs for their scuba certification, tank fills, c-card, training dives and more. Be a part of it by emailing me today: email@example.com for more information.
8. Fin's Not Needed - This program supports soldiers returning from war with injuries. By providing free scuba classes for these soldiers they realize they don't need legs to get around comfortably underwater. This is a world the freedom they fought for can finally be felt! Be a part of this program by sponsoring a soldier or if your an isntructor who is HSA certified please join our efforts by offering free training to these soliders! Give back as they gave so much to you! Have an underwater ecology project you want to list here? Just email me the info to share it with our club members: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. SEAFAN - SeaFAN is a program where we just are aware of what is going on and report it to the proper agencies who can take action when and where needed in time to help the reef system. Things like letting in-experienced boaters know where reefs are so they don't ram them, or reporting coral bleaching or reporting damage or changes in reef structure or life. Doing REEF.org Field surveys in the reef locations repeatedly over a period of time or just beach clean-ups.. by your self or with the club members. Bleach watch, taking pictures of the same reef over and over and reporting the changes in coral conditions with White Pox disease or bleaching or other issues you may see like excessive predation like too many snails. We have classes and programs we will organize for these efforts on our meet up group. http://www.meetup.com...
10. Conservation Kidz - Kids get HIGHLY discounted scuba training in exchange for a commitment to promotion of underwater conservation for the rest of their lives. Serious commitments only, we want to see action. The 6 kids that have done this have already made HUGE strides in outreach, education, shark programs and promotion of conservation. This program was the brain child of Shark Whisperer MOM - Dori. She had girls that wanted to do shark educational programs but were not divers. Getting this training made the power of thier work multiply. The power of a kid in conservation is AMAZING so far and we are looking to see this project EXPLODE! Want to be a part.. email me for application: email@example.com
11. Coral Restoration Foundation - We will be promoting coral conservation education and hands on dives to the largest coral nursery in the world to actually propagate and grow coral then a second dive to a living reef to plan coral that has been propagated and larger. We take hands on action in this program. Sign up for the dives on the meet up athttp://www.meetup.com... Look for CRF Dives or Coral Restoration Foundation Dive - Coral Class and 2 Tank dive is $130 and includes the whole day, diving, tanks, weights, lunch and class and experience and a $50 donation to CRF is included in that fee for thier time to do the class.
12. Scuba Diver Girls - A brand new group of girl divers started in Key Largo that work to education and promote underwater conservation efforts. We will update you on projects with them soon.
There are many other projects we take on from time to time as our partners reach out to us from building turtle hospitals to picking up trash.. What ever is needed our members want to help. We need your support and friendship for the sea. Get your newsletter now and become an official member FREE:
Should you have events, dive, opporutnities to help in the aquatic community or ideas to post or present to the club or put on the calendar please just send them over via email and promise I will get them out to our teams, members and volunteers: Tina@ScubaLessonsInc.com
Please also contact me if you want to sponsor or partner with us.