September 17 is the 226th anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution, and the first day of Constitution Week! We've arranged a grassroots event with the following presenters:
• David Lefer, author of the newly published book Founding Conservatives: How a Group of Unsung Heroes Saved the American Revolution, will speak about his book.
• Robert Begley, founder of NY Heroes Society, will speak about the Constitution.
• Dara Greiger, an associate of the American Academy for Constitutional Education, will speak about the Constitution.
• Jack O'Brien's fife and drum corps will perform.
• The cast of the Boston Tea Party Opera will perform, for the first time ever, scenes with some costumes and choreography! Check out the review of the show here.
We'll enjoy food and conversation together afterwards. Please join us!
(We'll have informal social time from 6:30-7 and start the program proper at 7pm. There is no charge for the event.)
About Constitution Week, from Wikipedia:
"...officially enacted on August 2, 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower from a congressional resolution petitioned by the Daughters of the American Revolution, with the official inception of Constitution Week in September 2002. The purpose of the observance week is to promote study and education about the constitution which was originally adopted by the American Congress of the Confederation on September 17, 1787."