Contemplative Hiking Society Message Board › Podiatrist

Podiatrist

A former member
Post #: 15
I have developed Plantar's Fasciitis. Can you suggest a good podiatrist in Vancouver?
Sandy
user 68140892
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
I do not have a suggestion for a podiatrist but for some things you can do. I had it a few years ago and I know it is very painful. Chacos have been the best sandals and shoes to wear. Sole was the brand of an insole to out in my sneakers. There are different models and the one that worked best for me is red. I've looked locally in running stores and can't find red but I can order them on Amazon. Brooks sneakers are supposed to be good. Also, I have an article with an effective exercise a friend's father was given by his podiatrist. I could send it to you via email if you want it. Wish you well with this nasty pain.
A former member
Post #: 1
As a massage therapist for one of the Hood to Coast teams for 11 years, I know massage is good for plantar fasciitis. There are also some taping techniques that are helpful.
A former member
Post #: 2
As a massage therapist for one of the Hood to Coast teams for 11 years, I know massage is good for plantar fasciitis. There are also some taping techniques that are helpful.
Rich B.
user 2612205
Forest Grove, OR
Post #: 31
I too had been having problems with this condition, which became so painful it was hard to walk - especially first thing in the morning.

I spent $12 on these inserts from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KPOILM/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1­

I put them in all of my shoes and they did the trick for me. I still have some occasional morning pain, but not nearly as bad.

It might be something to consider and try before spending $500 at the Good Feet Store or other expensive means.
A former member
Post #: 3
Perhaps going to the massage school would help, but remember they are students and what you need is therapy. Perhaps paying more for the expertise would cost less in the long run. With 20 years experience in sports massage, I still cost less then a podiatrist. Just a suggestion.