Let's meet at 11:45 at the ferry departure point in Manhattan... the ferry should leave every half hour, so we'll take the noon ferry. If you don't make it there in time, we can meet up on the island itself! Call me if you need to- [masked]
My dress is cream colored with lots of sequins and has black tassels at the bottom. (Also- It looks like a lot of people bring picnicking things, like blankets and snacks. but no booze allowed!)
Who wouldn't want to live out the Great Gatsby for a day? Best part- everyone gets dressed up in period clothing. $15 advance tickets. Thought we could head over to Gov island together around noon. Let me know if there's interest!
A wide array of music, food & drink, and activities are open for all ages to enjoy:
* Featuring special musical guests Gelber & Manning!
* Beautiful, real-wood '50 x '50 dance floor set up right on the lawn!
* A delightful variety of refreshing cocktails and sangria will be available for purchase by St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur and beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery.
* Gourmet entrees, sandwiches, salads and more will be for sale. Vegetarian dishes, too!
* Tasty desserts, old-fashioned ice cream cones and ices!
* Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, Soda, juice, water, and other beverages available
* Picnicking welcomed! (just leave the hooch at home, it's prohibited by regulations except as sold by our approved vendor at event.)
* Authentic '78 records from the 1920s played on antique phonographs by Michael Cumella of WFMU's Antique Phonograph Music Program.
* Charleston lessons by dance legend Roddy Caravella
* Vintage portraits by Tsirkus Fotografika
* 1920s Motorcar Exhibition - take a spin around the island in a genuine rumble-seat; hold on to your hat!
* Vintage clothing dealers and boutique milliners - They will all be peddling wares, so be sure to tuck some cash in your garter.
* Live dance performances by Roddy Caravella and the Canarsie Wobblers!
* The Dreamland Follies with crooner Gregory Moore (a 10-girl floorshow choreographed by Jordana Toback!)
* Bathing Beauties & Beaus Promenade
* Tug O' War
* Charleston Dance Contest
* Pie Recipe Contest