Cool People just want to have a good time, make friends with other cool people, and convert them to the cause. What's the cause? Fun. Activities. Good times. Friendships. Cool People are not about extremes (unless it's an extreme sport).
Cool People are easy-going, sociable folks who enjoy doing things we like and those we have never tried -- we're open, eager, willing, and positive. Mostly, we just want to hang out.
We like flat bike rides; board games; dive bars; urban walks; farmer’s markets; low-key hikes; breakfast at night; musicals; plays; chocolate; museums; adult beverages; live music; exploring neighborhoods; karaoke; diners; participatory sports (flag football, kayaking, soccer, etc.) and spectator sports (Padres and Sockers); urban games (capture the flag, scavenger hunts, etc.); comedy shows; paintball; art shows; ethnic food; laser tag; things that are off-the-beaten-path for $500, Alex; and independent/foreign films.
Cool People are regular, interesting people with vibrant personalities and varied interests. We're weird, quirky, passionate, nerdy, and lively -- but not drama queens, single-interest drones, hippies, hipsters, club kids, or rabble-rousers.
Areas of town
We range far afield, but these are the primary event locations:
University City, Kearny Mesa, Clairemont Mesa, PB, Mission Bay, Mira Mesa, Mission Hills, Mission Valley, South Park, North Park, Normal Heights, University Heights, Hillcrest, etc. Occasionally OB, Point Loma. Other parts of town: not so much. If you were hoping Vista, National City, and Jamul would be the epicenter, you're out of luck.
* Profile photo: Needs to meet the 3 Rs -- recent, recognizable, and real.
* Read event descriptions before RSVPing.
* If you RSVP, show up. If you don't RSVP, don't show up. Very simple. And enforced (3-strikes rule).
* Fun, frivolity, and friendship -- along with relative peace and harmony -- are the goal. A flag football game might tire you out; other members shouldn't. Spammers, jerks, whiners, nuts, creeps, flakes, and crashers will be booted.
* Be sure to read the policies before joining.
7,436 awesome people
1,731 Single Adventure Friends
3,196 New Residents
2,883 yogi's and yogini's
5,438 Fun Diegans