CoolTan Arts Message Board › CoolTan Arts upcoming events and opportunities

CoolTan Arts upcoming events and opportunities

A former member
Dear art lovers and CoolTan friends,

I hope you are well and enjoying the autumn sun. So beautiful!

I thought I drop you an email and hightlight our upcoming events and meetups. I's a busy time at CoolTan and we'd love to see you!

This weekend we have 2 guided Largactyl Shuffle walks.

On Saturday, 17 September it's a Black History Walk and the Largactyl Shuffle group takes you on a stroll from Maudsley Hospital to Tate Modern, exploring stories and figures relating to Black History and BME communities in Southwark, arts and mental health. Meet us at 12noon, more info and RSVP here­.

On Sunday 18 September it's the Elephant & Nun Festival, a Southwark-wide arts festival.Join Michelle at 12noon at Camberwell Green: The walk will start at Camberwell Green and talk about the Mad goings on there, then move on to Brunswick park with stories about the hurricane, Prince Charles visit in 1988, and squatters galore! We will then travel Havel street and the workhouse to the lunatic asylum in Lucas gardens before taking a stroll to Peckham Square and Ron Hasdledon's light sculpture who was a former teacher of mine at the Slade. All the details and RSVP here­.

On Monday 19 September 6pm, it's our Annual General Meeting. Your chance to find out more about CoolTan, meet our team; it will be a fun social event with refreshments and poetry readings. RSVP now­.

And put the 15 October in your diary. It's our annual World Mental Health Day Sponsored Walk.
It's World Mental Health Day on 10th Oct, a unified effort to raise public awareness and understanding of mental health, and we are celebrating this with a 'No Health without Mental Health' Largactyl Shuffle Walk on the 15th October. We are really excited to have Comedian and Broadcaster Arthur Smith joining us this year – walking with us, reading his poetry and on occasion giving his own unique take on the history of Southwark . Arthur grew up in Southwark, where our walks take place, and he has a personal interest in mental health issues. RSVP now­.

All our events are well attended, a lot of people from outside meetup join, and it's always a fantastic mix of people. So don't be shy, come along and get involved ! We are also keen to hear from any artists and photographers that would like to volunteer their skills.

Last but not least, CoolTan Arts is currently looking for a Communications and PR Coordinator to join the charity's staff team. If you have experience in communciations & marketing, excited about arts and mental health and want to join our team, please check out the details on CoolTan Arts website.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and see you at an events.

Best wishes from Kathrin, Michelle and the CoolTan team.

CoolTan Arts believes mental wellbeing is enhanced by the power of creativity. www.cooltanarts.org.uk­, info@cooltanarts.org.uk, 020 77012696.