The Path to Top Jobs & Consulting Work with GENUINELY GOOD Companies
…are you longing to do work that is more meaningful to you but don’t know how to change fields without taking a major hit to your standard of living? …are you ready to be part of an employee culture where individual dreams take their place alongside company mission but don’t know where to look or how to promote yourself? …have you already changed jobs in an effort to work for a more values-based company only to find you got out of the frying pan and into the fire, falling for a good HR marketing pitch but not finding the goods to back it up in the workplace? …are you a leader or manager looking for ways to create healthier employee engagement for your values-driven staff? …are you sick and tired of being sick and tired at work but needing inspiration to even begin to imagine a change, never mind making one? …are you talented and full of faith about good opportunities in general but afraid to make a move in a recessionary economy? …are you interested in being a free agent, consultant or entrepreneur but don’t know how to do that around your current job?
A yes to any of the above means you’ll enjoy and benefit from this dynamic presentation!
You will learn:
- the components of a conscious career
- profiles of jobs and industries more likely to embody conscious values in their workstyles (hint: it may not be what you think!)
- how to market yourself to conscious employers
- what questions to ask in your second interview to have better insight into a company’s values-in-action
- how to negotiate your offer to take care of your values on the job – even in a buyer’s market
- what sorts of after hours career transition opportunities there may be if you can’t make a wholesale change right now
- how to get a new venture started so you can get out on your own sooner and more confidently
90 minute presentation + 30 min for questions
Alanna Fero (www.alannafero.com and www.copiaspirit.com) is a Venture Catalyst and Intuitive Strategist with an 18 year track record in conscious career management, helping well over 1000 professionals land the jobs they dream of or stepping stones on that path. She has also been part of the launch of more than 100 new conscious businesses and supported the growth and expansion of 1000 more. Steeped in the tenets of Social Venture, Positive Psychology, Integral Life Practice and Conscious Business, Alanna is known for her integrative approaches which bring balance and results in equal measure. The author of the popular and well-reviewed book, Love Made Visible: Values-Driven Approaches to Work/Life and a regular tv, radio and print media commentator on a wide range of career subjects, Alanna brings a valuable mix of experience, intuition and proven tactics to this important discussion and enjoys a lively Q&A whenever she offers her insights to an audience.
Note that there can be NO LATE ARRIVALS to this event. Please give yourself ample time for getting there and parking. Doors lock 5 minutes before the presentation time and you will not be able to join us after that.