addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Corona SDK - London Meetup Message Board › DEBUGGING CODE HELP IS REQUIRE

DEBUGGING CODE HELP IS REQUIRE

Haroon Y.
user 61009592
Rawalpindi, PK
Post #: 6
Any EXPERT openion about my confusions, i've built a whole fabulous game but following made me soo worried
"WHY TRANSITIONS ARE NOT RUNNING SMOOTHLY AFTER 5 to 7 levels OF PLAY?"
"WHY GAME CRASHES, how can we make our game so stable ?"
https://play.google.c...­
A former member
Post #: 5
HI Haroon, I dont really how to answer your questions as they are quite generic.
it would help if you could give some details about when your game crashes and what have you tried to isolate the problem.

One of the gripes I have with corona is that it doesnt come with any sort of IDE to help with debugging - things like memory usage, cpu usage and other stats would be great. However there are tools out there that can give you this information - have you tried these and what if any insights did you come up with. Also what debugging code have you put in your app?

One type of crash in my experience when developing using the wiondows simulator is almost invarialbly generally caused when assets have mixed capitalisation. Because linux (wot android is built upon) and BSD (what IOS is built on) is case sensitive and DOS (wot windows uses) isnt, when you try and load a file on a device and you havent got the capitalisation of the filenamer exactly right causes bombs.

I also struggled with debugging, which is why I wrote some simple debug code that writes to a file on the simulator and the device (see github https://github.com/op...­. feel free to use this if it helps.

finally why not post a link to your apk and let the community feel your pain ;-)

Cheers

Sunil
Haroon Y.
user 61009592
Rawalpindi, PK
Post #: 8
Thanks Sunil,
The link for my game is given below:
https://play.google.c...­

Ya, am agree with your experience. Now, i've shifted to MAC simulator of CORONA (for my ios build). Game simulates well but when i deploy on device, it gives errors at IPHONE CONFIGURATION UTILITY- CONSOLE window which i was finding.
Now, am feeling, i can debug it easily.
Finding Bug is much more difficult in DEBUGGING when there is no any console for android device. Now, i've also searched a web service call to print statement and errors when there is no any cosole window.
any ways, thanks alotsmile