Nov 20, 2013 · 7:30 PM
Board Meeting (open to the public as well)
- Ratification of Conflict of Interest Policy
- Ratification of Board Members Expectations statement
- Ratification of CCL Bylaws
- Elect a 1- or 2-year initial term. (We decided to do 2-year staggered terms, so at least 4 board members would need to agree to step down or put themselves up for reelection after 1 year)
- Approve establishing a bank account, and applying for federal and state tax-exempt status
- Approve regular board meeting schedule
Read and comment on the above documents where needed! You will be asked to sign and be legally bound by them - you should know what's in them!
Important questions to think about:
- Should we stick to the shortened version of the board members expectation statement?
- Is the Conflict of Interest statement too heavy-handed?
- Are we missing any specific details in the Bylaws? E.g. on paid memberships vs sponsorship or sweat equity? Community involvement? Diversity?
Hammering together a solid foundation for awesome citizen science in the East Bay.