What better way for a labor of love than Labor Day?
Many thanks to Bret and Johan who put a first coat of paint on our new lab room at the Omni this weekend, and to Milo from Noisebridge for tracing our wiring! I plan to be at the Omni most of tomorrow, and I hope some of you will be able to join me for an impromptu work party. Come roll up your sleeves and help support your community laboratory with some sweat equity! We'll have plenty of tasks to be done - no experience necessary to contribute. Here's at the top of my list:
- More painting in the lab room: corners between the rafters and the ceiling need to be done with a brush since the rollers couldn't reach them; formerly black walls need a second coat.
- Cut drywall to size and fix hole in wall.
- Document amperage/wattage requirements for all our major pieces of equipment.
- Fix rodent holes (easy)
- Start sealing cracks in the floor (2-person job)
- Anyone good at electrical? We need an outlet in the lab room, plus perhaps a second light fixture. Not to mention electrical upgrades throughout the rest of the space!
I will be at the Lab 10am till 6pm or so, and then driving over to BioCurious for our Vegan Cheese meeting at 7pm. Come join me any time! Ring the doorbell (top right) if you have trouble getting in to the Omni. 4799 Shattuck - corner of 48th and Shattuck.
See you all there!