This is a meetup group for couples to meet with other couples and play games. There are some great board games groups out there (London on Board being a fine example) but recently we've being playing games with other couples and find the dynamic really fun and interesting. Cooperative games have never had such intensity! Competitive games have never been so ah.. memorable!
Well this group is for couples who would like to meetup, have a drink, maybe some food and play some games. A alternative to shopping, cinema or less interesting activities like sex. Why waste your time with all of that when you can play modern board and card games that traditionally have less luck and a bit more thought involved.
Examples of the games we play are:
- Pandemic (a co-op game where players save the world from infectious diseases)
- Dominion (a medieval themed strategy card game where you race to score points but also interact with other players)
- Smallworld (a fantasy themed game where you conquer the map with weird and wonderful creatures)
- Cards against Humanity (a party game that involves making rude and offensive sentences), also other party games like Dixit and Kings of Tokyo.
- Game of Thrones (the card game which involves epic battles as the houses engage in warfare and treachery)... did you pay the iron price?
- Carcassone (a classic map building game where players build a city and score points)
- Ticket to Ride (a train game (it's really more fun than it sounds) where you race to build railways across the USA or Europe)
- BattleStar Galactica (can players work together to save humanity from the cylons they created while working out who the cylons in their team are?)
- and dozens more seriously fun games....
If you've never played any of these games then don't worry as the rules are picked up quickly and teaching new players how to play is part of the fun. We're fairly new to these games ourselves and are no experts. If you're wondering what happened to games like Monopoly then check out our profile pic... seriously though, no one will complain if you desperately want to play a game of Scrabble, but there are dedicated groups out there already to cater for these mainstream games. This is about tactical warfare! And celebrating geekness! And occasional silliness! And more warfare! With couples!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, July 12, 2015 12:00 PM