Announcing an opportunity to sail on Lake Grapevine while benefiting charity.
David Kemp, a member of our Meetup Group, is offering to take us sailing on Dolce Vita, a Hunter 25.5 sailboat belonging to the Touching Our World Foundation.
A tax-deductible donation of $30 (minimum, per person) will assure you a place on the evening sail. Sailing experience is not required to participate. Receipt provided upon request.
Space is limited to six persons. You may bring a guest. RSVP is necessary and a wait list will be available. Making your donation at the Thursday mixer at Mac's Steaks & Seafood will be helpful in assuring a spot on the crew. Dave and Paula Reed, foundation founder, will be at Mac's.
The boat sails promptly at 7:10 PM. Don't miss the boat!
When you RSVP, please provide your contact information: mobile phone number and email address.
Bring your own refreshments and wear non-scuffing (light-soled, if possible) shoes. Particpants will sign a liability release waiver.
We will watch the spectacular fireworks show at Oak Grove Park from the boat.
Contact David Kemp for additional information at[masked] or [masked].
View complete details for this Meetup event, including directions to the boat's slip, provided by skipper Dave, below.
View the Touching Our World Dolce Vita Partnership flyer in a .docx file. Become a sustaining part of this charity while having access to sailing on Dolce Vita. Sustaining boat partnerships and boat donations are part of the charity's Sailing to the Future project.
Scott's Landing Marina website
Map to Scott's Landing Marina
Touching Our World Foundation website
Skipper Dave writes:
Come Sailing with Singles while Supporting a Good Cause
Great news! Members of DFW Sailing Singles have an opportunity to sail on a beautiful Hunter 25.5 called ‘Dolce Vita’ (Sweet Life) on Lake Grapevine!
We are partnering with Touching Our World Foundation as they launch their new project, “Sailing to the Future”, using sailing to teach communication, self-esteem and leadership skills to at-risk youth in the DFW area. (www.touchingourworld.org) a 501(c)(3) charitable organization
Meet at Scott’s Landing Marina on Friday evening, Aug 23th, at 7pm for your singles sailing voyage with experienced captains and crew.
· A $30 minimum cash or check donation to “Touching Our World” will be collected at the boat (tax deductible donation forms can be provided).
· Fireworks that night !!
· First come / first served, up to 6 guests; RSVP on the meetup page for that event.
· Weather permitting.
· BYOB. Moderate drinking is allowed, but understand that this sailboat is the property of “Touching Our World” for the benefit of children and must be respected and well-cared for by its passengers.
· Soft-soled shoes are required. Please avoid black soles.
· Restrooms are on the dock where guests can change clothes prior to sailing.
· Boat leaves dock promptly at 7:10pm. Don't miss the boat!
· Boat leaves from Scott’s Landing Marina, slip 116, which is just 100 feet inside the green locked gate on the dock. Go through the gate (inquire about key access) take 1st right turn and the boat is the 3rd slip on the left. Look for the meetup logo.
· An un-licensed but highly experienced ‘captain’ will be in charge on the boat. For the safety of all, guests are expected to follow his orders. Non-compliant guests will be asked to disembark. Donations will not be returned.
· Guests can help in the sailing functions to the extent that they desire, with guidance from the captain.
· Please use restrooms at the marina just prior to boarding, but there is a marine toilet on board for emergencies.
· Dolce Vita is fully equipped with all safety requirements.
· Boat is expected to return to the slip prior to 11 pm.
· Guests will remove their trash and clean up any mess.
· As “Touching Our World” receives support donations and the boat is returned in excellent condition after use, these sails can become a frequent occurrence, at various days and times.
· If someone wishes to set up a private group sail on ‘Dolce Vita’, that can be arranged following similar terms. Reach out to Gary or David K.
Happy Sailing while Making New Friends!