Akron Area Beer Lovers Message Board › A note about UNHOSTED events

A note about UNHOSTED events

Jeff
Jeff-Akron-Beer
Group Organizer
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
There is so much going on in this area for beer related events! I feel I need to clarify what an Unhosted event means, and why I am posting them. To make it easy for you to visually filter events, regular events will always appear at the top. I do this by labeling them as "Featured Event". "Featured Event" only means it's our group's hosted event.

1. An UNHOSTED event is an event that is not planned for our group. It is an event put together for the public and controlled by someone else. I cannot control the RSVP limit for these and it will have primarily non-Meetup people attending.

2. This group is about ALL beer events in the area. Public beer events will happen, and I'd like you to know about them. I will attend many of them. So let's get together at these! Feel free to attend the events without RSVPing here as well. These are really just notifications.

3. Since there will be so many UNHOSTED events, you may worry that your mailbox will fill up even more with event reminders. to remedy this, I turn off automatic e-mail reminders. The only time you'll see additional e-mails for unhosted events is when I've made a significant change to the details and send a manual update.

This group is very new, and I'm really trying to make sure that anything related to craft beer in the Summit county and nearby areas are posted, so you are informed. Beer is a passion of mine, and I like to share it. I also want to make sure this group is the best for people involved, so please feel free to give me feedback, opinions and suggestions. And keep those beer event ideas coming! Thank you Sam, Jane and Val for your suggestions!

I wish good beers for you, wherever and whenever you have them!

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff
Jeff-Akron-Beer
Group Organizer
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Post #: 10
All events we schedule will always appear as a "Featured Event". This makes all the "Hosted Events" appear at the top, and separates them from all "Unhosted Events" that will appear at the bottom of the event listing page. I hope this clears things up for people! This may not be how Meetup intended the feature to be used, but that's how this group does it.

Note: This does not affect the phone app. Events on your phone will appear chronologically, regardless of whether they are "Featured" or not. A future app update may change this.