Have you always dreamt of creating your own candles?
Then this workshop is for you!
In this hands-on, fun and detailed 6-hour workshop, you will learn how to create...
- Tealight Candles
- Votive Candles
- Tapered Candles
- Pillar Candles
- Beautiful 'crackled ice' effect Candles
…and you'll get to take home all the beautiful candles you create!
Whilst you are busy creating, you will also gain an incredible amount of knowledge and skills, including:
- WAXES: What all the different types of candle waxes are, how they differ, and how to pick the best ones for your candles
- WICKS: How to work with wicks, including how to prime your own wicks, attach them to wick tabs, and insert them into molds
- FRAGRANCES: What options you have for scenting your candles, how to determine fragrance loads, how candles throw fragrance, and how to incorporate fragrance into your candles
- DYES: How chips, blocks, pigments, and inks differ, which dyes are best for you, and how to experiment with household ingredients to dye your candles
- MOLDS: How to work with professional molds, how to work with mold release, and how to create your own molds out of things you have at home
- LAYERING: How to create layered candles, and the secrets of how to layer well to ensure that the candle doesn't separate
- TECHNIQUE: How to set up for candle making, melt your wax correctly, pour to ensure a professional finish, and easily remove candles from molds
And lots, lots more!
WORKSHOP FEE INCLUSIONS
- A full Candle Making Kit (used in class, with plenty left over to take home and keep on creating!):
- 1kg eco-friendly soy wax
- 100ml premium Fragrance Oil
- 12 professional cotton wicks
- A 15-page, full-colour Candle Making guide
- Access to all ingredients and tools- including stovetops, pots, stirrers, thermome ters, molds, mineral dyes, etc.;
- 6 hours of passionate, knowledgeable, practical, and interactive tuition;
- Refreshments and snacks (all dietary requirements catered to)!
Who wants to have yucky chemicals burning in their home?! Not us!
Each scrumptious candle will therefore be made using only natural, chemical-free, non-toxic, environmentally-friendly, vegan and cruelty-free Soy Wax, and scented and coloured with gorgeous non-toxic fragrance oils and mineral dyes. Yay!
ABOUT OUR CLASSES & TEACHERS
When you sign up to a class, you might not know what to expect! We'll let our students do the talking for us :-) Here's what our students have to say about our classes and teachers:
What a fantastic workshop! So many lovely things to make and take as well as all the instructions to be able to do it all again at home. You have inspired me to get my creativity flowing again. Thanks! ~ Andrea
An amazing opportunity to learn some crafty new skills, have fun, socialise with crafty types and come away with some deliriously divine new products. Thank you so much Sandra for organising it! ~ Jaelyne Birrell
Very well prepared and organised but also chilled and friendly! Sandra made it very easy with her down to earth, open style. Everyone was really nice and relaxed and I think that partly due to how organised the workshop was; t'was very well prepared. It inspired me! ~ Verity Guiton
Wealth of knowledge to be tapped into, there for the asking. Venue very central and parking readily available. Thank you to Sandra and Stephanie for the many hours of organising. ~ Lucille McL
Great fun! Sandra was a fantastic host and facilitator and we all had lots of laughs and good times! The products were easy to make and I can see myself making them again in the future. Highly recommended! ~ Sally C
This was a fantastic workshop. Sandra is a lovely and knowledgeable teacher. Overall, I had a great afternoon with great company. I'm looking forward to taking another workshop! ~ Melissa
As you can probably imagine, a workshop like this takes a lot of time, thought and dosh to put together! To make it easier and to allow us to prepare, payment is required to RSVP. The Meetup system will ask that you pay via PayPal, but you are also welcome to pay by bank transfer:
- Account Name: Alexandra Sanders
- BSB: 082 991
- Account Number: 374 917 809
Just post a message below to let me know if you've paid by Bank Transfer and I'll RSVP you from my end :-)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. If not, then we look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
:-) Sandra & Stephanie