If you've always wanted to create your own hair care products, and lusted after luscious locks, then this is the workshop for you!
What You'll Make
In this detailed, informative, hands-on, fun and practical workshop, you will create a hair care kit that contains Shampoo, Conditioner, and a Hair Mask for your specific hair type (Dry, Coloured, Damaged, Oily, Combination, or Balanced Hair).
You will get to work with delicious Plant Oils, such as Almond, Olive, Sunflower, Flaxseed, and Apricot Kernel; amazing Essential Oils, including Lavender, Rosemary, Jasmine, Patchouli, Orange, and Lemon Eucalyptus; luscious herbs, such as Lavender, Nettle, Calendula, Comfrey, Yarrow and Horsetail; and incredible Native Australian Clays, including Pink, White, and Green.
What You'll Learn
Whilst you are busy creating, you will also gain priceless skills and knowledge, including:
- The cause of unhealthy hair, and what you can do to create your best hair ever;
- All about the toxic ingredients contained in commercial hair-care products;
- How to work with plant oils, essential oils, herbs, and clays (including which ones are best for your hair type and the hair-care properties of each);
- Which common kitchen ingredients you can add to your products to create amazing hair;
- The specific role of each of the products in a good hair-care routine;
- How to create your own Herbal Infusions;
- How to thicken your products to create lovely lotions; and
- How to create, apply and store each of your products.
The workshop fee covers absolutely everything you’ll need, and includes:
- All of the ingredients you need to make and take home your Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Mask, including plant oils, essential oils, herbs, clays, and bottles;
- Access to all of the tools you’ll be using, including pots, blenders, measuring cups and spoons, and stirrers;
- A thorough and detailed Information and Recipe Booklet, so you don’t have to take notes;
- 3 hours of passionate, knowledgeable and interactive tuition; and
- Refreshments and snacks (all dietary requirements catered to).
All Natural Ingredients
Who wants to put yucky chemicals on their hair? Not us! Each hair care product will therefore be made using only natural, fresh, chemical-free, non-toxic, vegan and cruelty-free ingredients that have not been tested on animals and have no harsh and unnecessary preservatives or additives. Organic and fair trade ingredients will be used where possible. Yay!
What Past Students Have Said
When you sign up to a class, you might not know what to expect! Here's what our students have to say about our classes and teachers:
Sandra expertly shared her knowledge about using natural products for hair care in a relaxed and friendly group setting. The skills learnt are easily transferrable to the home setting and I look forward to a future with beautiful healthy hair.
What a fantastic workshop! So many lovely things to make and take as well as all the instructions to be able to do it all again at home. You have inspired me to get my creativity flowing again. Thanks!
An amazing opportunity to learn some crafty new skills, have fun, socialise with crafty types and come away with some deliriously divine new products. Thank you so much!
~ Jaelyne Birrell
Very well prepared and organised but also chilled and friendly! Sandra made it very easy with her down to earth, open style. Everyone was really nice and relaxed and I think that partly due to how organised the workshop was; t'was very well prepared. It inspired me!
~ Verity Guiton
Great fun! Sandra was a fantastic host and facilitator and we all had lots of laughs and good times! The products were easy to make and I can see myself making them again in the future. Highly recommended!
~ Sally C
Ways To Pay
To secure your spot, payment is required when you RSVP. The Meetup system will ask that you pay via PayPal, but you are also welcome to pay by Bank Transfer (Alexandra Sanders, BSB. 082 991, Acc. 374 917 809); with Cash, Credit Card or EFTPOS at the Can Do Book store; or by Bank Deposit (Alexandra Sanders, Commonwealth Bank, BSB: 063134, Acc. 10124898). Just post a message below to let us know if you've paid by anything other than PayPal and we’ll RSVP you from our end :-)
At Craft Like Crazy, we want everyone to have the most fabulous time at our workshops! We therefore cap all of our classes at a maximum of 10 students to ensure that you are provided with the very best teaching and personalised attention throughout the class. We also require a minimum of 5 students to RSVP for the workshop to run. If we haven't met the minimum 48 hours prior to the workshop running, we will unfortunately have to reschedule or cancel the class- but you will be refunded in full!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. If not, then we look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
:-) Sandra & Stephanie