Do you understand that all events are at your own risk regardless of who is organizing the event?
How long have you been hiking?
There's a saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." It's not anyone's job to be your mother and monitor your behavior so those who are rude and inconsiderate with their RSVP's will not be tolerated, do you understand this?
No answer yet
have been hiking with 2 groups lately. Did a double hike at mt minsi and mt tamanny two weekends ago. It is a great hike. great workout
This member chose not to make their Meetup membership information public.
If you like to hike and do outdoorsy stuff (and eat) this is the group for you. WE ARE NOT ACTING AS LEADERS OR GUIDES. YOUR PARTICIPATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PERFORMING YOUR OWN RESEARCH FOR EVERY TRAIL/TRIP YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN. Our abilities range from serious to amateur hikers (just day hikes). Some of our members are training to climb Mt. Rainer. And some of us just want to get some fresh air. Our member’s favorites include Wissahickon, Valley Forge, Devils Path in the Catskills, and REI in Conshohocken. We balance the respect for our members need to move faster or to move slower, AND still act as a team to look out for each other. Although we have goals to reach a destination; at the end of the day, it's the camaraderie, the journey, and the ice cream we eat afterwards that make it all worth while.
HOW TO HELP: 1) Pay $1.00 (or more if you want) to the event organizer for every event you attend.
2) Contribute via CHIP IN button on the Crazee Monkee Meetup web site. No need to set up a new account, 7% WePay fee will be deducted by Meetup.
3) Contribute as a gift/cash payment via Pay Pal to email@example.com. You will need to set up a free account if you don't already have one. No fee if transferring from your bank account, 2.9%+$0.30 fee if contributing by credit card.
WHAT YOU GET: 1) Awesome events organized by people that love hiking and being outdoors and are willing to share that with new people. We have been to Adirondacks and to Patagonia, Chile. This year we will be hiking the John Muir Trail, CA and the Hot Springs Trail, Iceland!!
2) A vibrant group that actually has regularly scheduled events.
3) Members willing to help with information and resources.
4) Opportunities for courteous, responsible, safety conscious people to set up their own events. (Ask me if you are interested)
5) Site Moderator that keeps spammers off the members list, decline people who just want to find dates, and record and remove constant NO SHOWS!