We are about doing outdoorsy things and eating and socializing among other like-minded folks. The site is available for all to host/organize an event. Preferably, I'd like to meet you at least once before you do so or have a mutual friend that can vouch for you. Safety is of utmost importance. However, everyone is responsible for themselves and doing their own research as to whether an event is appropriate.
HOW TO HELP: 1) Pay $1.00 (or more if you want) to the event organizer for every event you attend.
2) Contribute as a gift/cash payment via Pay Pal to email@example.com. You will need to set up a free account if you don't already have one. No fee if transferring from your bank account, 2.9%+$0.30 fee if contributing by credit card.
WHAT YOU GET: 1) Awesome events organized by people that love hiking and being outdoors and are willing to share that with new people. We have been to Adirondacks and to Patagonia, Chile. This year we will be hiking the John Muir Trail, CA and the Hot Springs Trail, Iceland!!
2) A vibrant group that actually has regularly scheduled events.
3) Members willing to help with information and resources.
4) Opportunities for courteous, responsible, safety conscious people to set up their own events. (Ask me if you are interested)
5) Site Moderator that keeps spammers off the members list, decline people who just want to find dates, and record and remove constant NO SHOWS!