|Sent on:||Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:21 PM|
Announcing a new Meetup for Make a Difference:Volunteers in Charity, NGO's & Ethical Biz!
What: Idealists Unite:-) & Swing the bat hard enough to hit the ball out of the park
When: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:00 PM
Where: Downtown location to be privately emailed to those who RSVP
One day we will live in a world where everyone can live the lives they dream of. We get there one step at a time by dreaming global and acting local. One simple, smart, sustainable, scalable step at a time. You can do your fair share, by starting now. By RSVP'g with a Yes. If you answer with a YES to any of the following questions.....
1. Do you want to do your best to get paid what you earn? (statistics prove there is a sizable wage gap between people in different groups ie gender, age, ancestry etc )
2. Do you want to make a difference by speaking more effectively? (how often have you had an ambition that was not achieved because you didn't communicate effectively enough?)
3. Do you want to lead a project and need support to create tangible difference making results? (This can be a big idea if we work together)
If you answered yes to any of the above, then please keep reading.
On April 23rd, from 6pm to 9pm, i am holding 3 meetings, in the same space, at different times.
1. 6:15 to 7:00: Helping narrow the wage gap. Equal pay for equal work is the ideal.
2. 7:10 to 7:50: Toastmasters Group for Difference-Makers
3. 8:00 to 9:00: New group, for change-makers to collaborate/compete with each other, then work together to create more change more effectively.
Please RSVP and share which meeting you want to attend (I don't want to send people in this group 3 different emails)
Regarding the first meeting, i've read some studies on the sizable gender wage gap. It's unjust, unequal, & unequivocally unacceptable. Will inevitably change. Together we will accelerate that. By dreaming big, starting small and executing a smart plan effectively.
Ideally, every person gets equal pay for equal work. Multiple data-points indicate that is not the reality. Instead often pounds of government law (ie Obama law ie Lily Ledbetter Act), orpound of cure (patiently waiting for a maturing society with evolving sensibilities), i'm interested in an ounce of prevention (ie first small step, an organization for wage equality for equal results of work and applying learnings to something more).
What I am interested in is building an institution dedicated to helping people be the best of what they can become, share the best of themselves with a cause greater than that of their own lives and learn how to lead, to leave a lasting legacy.
If you have any questions/comments please feel free to write them down below and I will do my best to respond promptly and effectively.