Make a Difference:Volunteers in Charity, NGO's & Ethical Biz Message Board › Be Inspired presents Angela Rinaldis from Project True

Be Inspired presents Angela Rinaldis from Project True

A former member
Post #: 4
Hello fellow conscience leaders!

Your organizer Viral suggested we let you all know about our upcoming event <3

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Corvus Studio

2939 PRINCE EDWARD ST, Vancouver, BC. , Vancouver, BC

Be True - with Angela Rinaldis

Disordered eating affects the majority of our society, from extreme cases of anorexia and obesity, to exercise addiction, to feelings of dissatisfaction with the size and shape of our bodies.

After leaving extra care at St. Paul’s Hospital six years ago, I promised to come back to address the lack of resources for individuals suffering from disordered eating. I went on my own personal quest for out-patient resources and found the services either did not exist, were too expensive to continue, were short term, did not fit the schedule of a ”functioning” anorexic, or did not meet my needs at the time.

During my recovery I spent a lot of time in hospital libraries, psychologist waiting rooms, group counseling sessions, reading how-to guides, asking for referrals from my doctor, researching online and participating in every forum, meal support program, guided meditation, and speaker series I could find.

Knowledge was power, but I soon ran out of options. That is where Project True comes in.

The idea started six years ago and it is growing. While we may never live in a world free from fat-blasting diets, rail-thin images of beauty or fast food mania, we can try to achieve more balance and a healthier state of being.

That is the focus of True: to reach out and educate, support, help and embrace those along their journey to self love and acceptance.

True is transparent. True is real. True is your opportunity to find yourself and know that you don’t have to live a life of restriction and silence. True seeks to fill the void in recovery and provide the one-on-one and group resources we all need to heal and be at peace with our bodies.

Key Take-aways

- Overcoming a crippling mental illness

- Realization requires self-honesty

- Perseverance

- Pay it forward

- The never ending story

Logistics

Doors open at 7pm, $7 admission

Speaker starts at 7:30pm

Coffee and tea available to purchase

Please bring a pen and paper to take notes