Closed to new replies
1. We want you to be happy with your choice to join our group, so give us try. Dues are due by the end of the second month after you join. (if you joined in Dec, pay dues by the end of Feb). Cash only, when you see us (Karen, Randy or Georgia) or by Credit/Debit Card when you see Karen.
2. You will get more out of the group by participating. Come to meetings and outings, participate in the challenges, post some pics and offer comments and critiques to other members. We have a group of really nice, helpful folks who are here to help one another and we value everyone's unique perspective. So Please participate.
3. We think you will feel more comfortable participating once you get to know us. To that end, we require everyone to attend one outing or meeting during their first 2 months. This will give you a chance to meet some of our members and decide if we are the right group for you. If you are uncomfortable attending a meeting full of strangers, bring a friend.
4. Please RSVP yes if you plan to attend an event. Some events will have attendance limits, some have a meet spot to travel somewhere together, some have a set plan that we need everyone to start at the same time, so it is important to have an accurate attendee list.
5. We realize plans can change and if they do, please change your RSVP to NO. If you NO SHOW for 2 Meetups, you will be sent a reminder to change your RSVP if you plans change. If you have an additional 2 NO SHOWS, you will be dropped from the group.
6. Don't be afraid to post your pictures. We have members of all skill levels and are here to improve our creative vision.
7. In order to keep the number of photos from becoming overwhelming, we will have a new group photo pool for every month and each challenge and outing will have it's own photo pool. Please post to the appropriate place.
8. For any of the photos pools, pick your best work, showcase your newest experiment or a new technique, post something you are having trouble with, etc. Explain your technique, what you were trying to do, how you saw the image, or what you are having problems with, etc in the comments (not required, but it would be nice).
9. Challenges are designed to get you to try something new. Use them to look at taking photos in a new way, try something new, experiment, move outside of your normal vision and comfort zone (photographically speaking). Read the instructions then go out and shoot. These are meant to get you to think about how and what you shoot and to look around you and see things in a different way. So please don't just look through your old photos for something that fits. Try to create a photo that meets the challenges goals. Then post your best or most challenging results. Please comment on others photos in relation to the challenge.
10. If you have technical questions, there is a forum in the Discussions/Message Boards. This is a great place to post any questions you have about features of your camera, Photoshop or other software, techniques that you want to explore, etc. There is no such thing as a stupid question so ask away!
11. Got an idea? Please let us know. Post your ideas for challenges and outings in the ideas section. We would love your input.
12. I will periodically go through the member roster to keep it up-to-date. Anyone who hasn't participated in several months and hasn't paid their dues will be assumed to have decided not to join and will be dropped from the roster. You will get an email notice if you are dropped. If you are dropped by mistake, please let me know and rejoin.
Thanks for joining our group. We look forward to seeing you and you photos soon.
Karen, Randy and Georgia.
Edited by Karen Milligan on Dec 13, 2011 12:10 AM