Nov 15, 2012 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Come learn and network at WeCross, the newest inspiring co-work space in New York City. WeCross and Creative Village team up to host Peeriscope for an event and networking based mobile application demo.
What is Peeriscope?
Peeriscope was created to help people identify professional networking opportunities via their location-aware mobile phones. Peeriscope lets iPhone users discover events and connect with relevant professionals while respecting your privacy.
Peeriscope runs in the background or on demand to find matching Meetup events using your LinkedIn industry, function and skills. The app also finds people nearby who share professional interests, skills, education and work history. You can add upcoming events to your iPhone calendar, view attendees and RSVP from the app.
Why should Creative Village and Meetup attendees care?
1) Discover interesting events related to design or other topics of interests in NYC.
2) When you arrive at a Meetup event, use Peeriscope to save time by quickly finding the best people to talk to based on common professional interests.
3) Find other Creative Village members you don’t already know while you’re on the go or at other events.
In preparation for attending this Meetup, consider the following:
1) Make sure your LinkedIn profile captures all your professional interests & skills related to your field. For example, you should add Skills such as “Visual Design”, “User Experience”, “Web Design”, and “Digital Marketing”
2) Download Peeriscope on your iPhone or iPad: http://bit.ly/GetPeeriscope
3) Register using your LinkedIn login information, import your profile and never miss another networking opportunity!
Learn more about Peeriscope at:http://bit.ly/PeeriscopeCreativeVillage
This event will be held at WeWork's WeCross location at 175 Varick Street on the 8th Floor.
***Please enter at the Charlton Street entrance on the corner of Charlton and Varick Street.