Sophia Liu (http://crisismappers.net/profile/SophiaBLiu) and Chris Nicholas (http://crisismappers.net/profile/ChrisNicho...) are in NYC so we're going to reignite the Crisis Mappers NYC group with a meetup at Parsons School of Design, followed by drinks at the Coffee Shop Lounge.
If you want to give a Ignite-style talk (or shorter) to share some of your crisis mapping activities or have ideas of what you'd like to do at this meetup, feel free to post them as comments.
Here are some of the talks to expect:
- Sophia B. Liu discussing her USGS research on integrating official and crowdsourced geographic info around earthquakes
- DuKode Studio discussing their work on Open Infrared application
- Chris Goranson (PIIM) presenting his work with INSTEDD
- Public Laboratory's grassroots mapping of the BP oil spill and ongoing tool development
- The Graduate Program in International and Public Affairs: GIS for International Crises, Development, and the Environment
- [Post a comment here and we'll add you to this list of Ignite talks to expect]
You can find us by going to the ground floor of 2 West 13th Street (just off 5th Avenue) at about 7 PM. The Bark Room is a room wrapped in actual tree bark with bright green furniture inside on the ground floor. Come a few minutes early and tell the security desk that you are going to a Parsons event in the Bark Room. Event hosted by the Parsons Geospatial Design Lab.