Cuddle party is a 3.5-hour communication workshop that focuses on personal boundaries and touch, in which participants have an opportunity to practice these skills by cuddling (or not). It’s a great opportunity to practice asking for what you want, saying no to what you don’t want and meeting new people. Cuddle Party is a strictly non-sexual event. I’m a facilitator in training and expect to be certified by the end of 2016. You can read more about Cuddle Parties here: http://www.cuddleparty.com/
All of the events for this group are fragrance free. Some people have allergies to scents or simply dislike strong odors. For people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, fragrance can make them feel ill in a variety of ways. Having the events be fragrance free provides access to the greatest number of people. Please read the event invitations carefully to make sure that you understand the guidelines for attending a fragrance free event.
Here are some important things to do for a fragrance free event:
- don’t use scented dryer sheets and fabric softeners when washing clothing
- wear clean clothes laundered in fragrance-free laundry detergent and that have not been exposed to smoke or incense
- don’t wear cologne, perfume, body spray or scented oils
- be as scent free as possible with your soap, shampoo, lotion, hair products, etc.
- consider asking a friend to help you figure out if you are fragrance free. If your friend hugs you and can smell fragrance on you rather than your naturally occurring scent, then you aren’t fragrance free
Please contact me, via meetup, if you have any questions about Cuddle Party or this meetup group. If the tickets to the event are cost prohibitive for you, please contact me as well.