Cumbria Hiking, Biking and Socialising Group is a Meetup group for people living in or around Cumbria. We are an informal network of friendly people who like doing fun stuff. All members are encouraged suggest and to arrange events via the site. There's no committee, the plan is that the group organises itself with no one particular person or persons running events. Everyone is encouraged to suggest events, so don't be shy! It's really a case of getting out of it what you put into it.
We ask each member to donate £1 during the event they are attending, please. Your event host will collect this money at the beginning of the event and it will contribute towards the web-site fees charged by the MeetUp organisation, and this alone. None of our Organisers and event hosts are paid or receive any money. The group is not about making profit. If donations exceed what we need to pay the web-site fees then we will give to a charity. I'll update the site to communicate the value we have raised and which charity will benefit.
- Upcoming events are on the main page. There's another tab next to this one called - 'suggested events'. Anyone can post an event here and if it attracts a further two people it moves to the main 'upcoming' page. So please feel free to suggest things and don't forget to check out this tab regularly to see what others have out up too.
- The serious bit. We are a social group not a commercial outdoor enterprise . We do not employ professional guides, leaders or first aiders. Please be aware that the walks posted on this site are not ‘led’ as such. Everyone should ensure that they are adequately prepared and dressed for the walks and have a bit of 'outdoor nouse'. Our Event Hosts or other members cannot be held responsible for your safety or well being. Click here to read info and disclaimerwhich is also available to view via the PAGES tab on the menu bar
- It really helps us if your photo looks like you, and not a pot plant, zebra or the Pompidou Centre in Paris. It means we have a fighting chance of spotting you at your first event.
- Occasionally, Lakeland weather being what it is outdoor events can be cancelled at short notice. Please check the board for any updates prior to setting off.
- It's very rare that people RSVP yes and then don't show up, but it can happen. If you can't make it please try and give us some notice, as it takes time and energy to organise things
That's it! If you have any questions please let me know.