If you have ever wanted to know what war on the battlefield feels like, then paintballing is likely going to be the closest thing to it! Paintballing involves two teams trying to eliminate each other using gas powered paintball guns – once you’ve been hit, you are out until the next game. But don't worry, we will play a few so you will not have to sit out long!
Remember though, there is no hand-to-hand combat allowed, so no Kung Fu, punching, or kicking! Paintballing is a very safe, and extremely fun activity for people of all ages and athletic abilities :)
Date: Saturday 14th June
How much does it cost?
The day will cost £35 (early bird fee until 4th June) / £40 (usual fee)
What is included?
• 300 Paintballs /ammunition (additional paintballs cost only £5 per pack of 100)
• Injury Insurance
• Lunch & light refreshments
• Use of equipment:
• Paintball gun (semi-automatic)
• Protective mask
• Overalls to cover your clothing
• Ammo pack to store spare rounds
• Taxi to and from the train station and the paintball venue
What do I need to bring?
• Make sure to bring a pair of old trainers/ boots that you do not mind getting muddy
• A pair of sturdy gloves (optional) - just in case you get shot on the hand
• Wear warm clothing that you do not mind getting muddy/ wet + a water proof jacket as it may rain
• A spare change of clothes & footwear (optional)
• Any snacks you may want
• Money for return train tickets (£9/ cheaper with group save) and for any additional paintballs
Travel & day arrangements:
We will meet inside Clapham Junction station by the ticket machines and booths at the main entrance at 07:10 (the one with the shopping centre, there's a Sainsbury's near the entrance, and a Costa next to the ticket booths).
If you are coming from inside Clapham Junction - be sure not to go to the wrong ticket area/ entrance. The ticket area we are meeting at is close to platform 17 - at the end of the corridor, and is surrounded by many shops.
Here is a picture of the correct entrance. The ticket machines are behind the costa:
We can wait for anyone who is late for up to 15 mins (until 7:25). At 7:25 we will make our way to the platform. If you are any later than this you will have to make your own way there. The train leaves at 7:35 from platform 13.
You are welcome to call me on[masked] for instructions on how to get to the venue, but please note that I may not be able to pick up while taking care of the group.
Also, if you plan on driving or otherwise making your own way there - please contact me a couple of days before the event for further details, I won't be able to help you if you call that morning.
• From Clapham Junction we will take the Southern towards Southampton Central Rail Station, and get off at Redhill (07:35)
• Arrive at Redhill and wait for taxi (07:55)
• Catch Prebooked Taxi (8:05)
• Arrive at paintball venue (08:30)
• >>>Awesome Paintballing<<<<<
• Finish paintballing (15:30)
• Taxi arrives to take us back to the station (15:45 to pick us up)