Hello Future CurlFriends!
We are a group of ladies who started a journey together June 2012 on Meetup.com with initially two things in common; the love of natural hair and traveling. Those two things brought us all together, but it has been the friendships we've formed that has sustained our group. Whether you live in a different city or State, newly natural, natural most of your life, transitioning, thinking about it or even relaxed, as long as you're interested in building friendships and traveling then this is the group for you.
*Each month CurlFriends Abroad™ organizers will find fun and exciting social activities throughout the DFW/Metroplex. Along with our monthly social events we do overnight and weekend trips in the US, as well as 5-10 day trips abroad. Our trips are usually booked 6 months to a year in advance and most often require a deposit with payments over time "vacation on layaway".
Members are welcomed and encouraged to either suggest or plan a trip, as well as a monthly social.
CurlFriends Abroad™ Group Policies
• We ask each member to treat each other with respect and to be mindful of each other’s time.
• It’s very important when we are traveling together that everyone is on time to keep others from waiting.
• Please ONLY RSVP Yes for events that you plan to attend. We ask that you treat your RSVP as you would a doctor’s appointment, a date with a friend or family member. It’s always important that we accurately forecast attendance with our host venue, so if you are unable to attend an event, please update your RSVP a minimum of four hours before start time. This will allow us enough time to update our host venue.
• Members who have been marked as a NO-SHOW 3 times will automatically be removed from the group
• In order to stay abreast of events, changes or cancellations, you must allow the Organizers or event planner to contact you via email, especially for events you have RSVP’d. Take a moment to check your meetup.com email notification and message settings.
• Finally, you took the first step in joining a group of women with similar interests such as, meeting new friends, socializing and traveling. Now, you need to take the next step by becoming an active member which means signing up for an event or two to make this journey a reality. Jump in with both feet and start having some fun!
Founder, CurlFriends Abroad™
*All group trips are planned and scheduled by CurlFriends Abroad™ organizer and co-organizers. Overseas trips may be scheduled between months of June - October and domestic trips are planned at various weeks throughout the year. CurlFriends Abroad™ calendar of events runs from January to October.
"Let's Hit the Road and Have Some Fun"
344 Lovely Ladies
10,409 Socially aware
397 Traveling GEMS