Cycle Folsom Message Board Training and Nutrition Forum › 13 CF members have done nearly a million feet of climbing

13 CF members have done nearly a million feet of climbing

Stan S.
Schultzee
Group Organizer
Folsom, CA
Post #: 50
A few of us have started using Strava.com to track rides and compare ourselves against each other. In addition to signing up as an individual, you can also join a "Club" on the site. We've set Cycle Folsom up as a "Club" on Strava, so feel free to join.

Strava has a unique feature that allows you to breakout stats for segments of your rides like hill climbs. You can then track your performance improvement, and compare yourself against friend who you are following. One feature I just found that I really like is the ability to compare yourself against others in your weight class. I just found out today that Dale Dotson is the guy who I need to mark on the hills!!! He's got me on Costco Hill by 1mph!!

Stava also hosts competitions, like the current "KOM Challenge." There, Strava totals the elevation for everyone who has signed up for the challenge and lists them in the form of a Leaderboard. They also do it for Clubs.

The 13 of us who make up the Cycle Folsom "Club" on Strava have collectively chalked up nearly a million feet of elevation this year---and I know most of us just started uploaded our data within the past 2 to 4 months!!!

If you get a chance, check out Strava and join the Cycle Folsom Club there.
Oz L.
ozlee
El Dorado Hills, CA
Post #: 28
Dale is officially now a marked man! :-)
Mike L.
mikelemberg
Folsom, CA
Post #: 10
I think I need to add some pounds to my profile.
Stan S.
Schultzee
Group Organizer
Folsom, CA
Post #: 52
Okay, so according to a comparison of Cycle Folsom Club members on Strava.com, I beat Oz by 1 second on Prospector's Grade. I'm taking a screen shot for posterity. I know it won't last. In fact, I foresee him publishing a ride there next week to take away my glory.

Oh, and take a look at Claire's speed/time up Prospector's. Holy moly!
Mike L.
mikelemberg
Folsom, CA
Post #: 11
How did that happen? I seem to remember getting to the top before you. Ok, so I think Prospectors was about two Beatys. Not as bad as I was expecting. When I got home my back tire was about 60 psi. No wonder from Cool if felt like I riding through molasses.
Oz L.
ozlee
El Dorado Hills, CA
Post #: 30
Okay, so according to a comparison of Cycle Folsom Club members on Strava.com, I beat Oz by 1 second on Prospector's Grade. I'm taking a screen shot for posterity. I know it won't last. In fact, I foresee him publishing a ride there next week to take away my glory.

Oh, and take a look at Claire's speed/time up Prospector's. Holy moly!

WHAT??!!! Stan beat me! LOL!

The Strava KOM is till not working correctly, it's pointing to some other group.
Stan S.
Schultzee
Group Organizer
Folsom, CA
Post #: 53
Mike, you were 1st to Georgetown, which was a different climb in Strava. I beat you on Prospecters---allthough that might have had something to do with the fact that you turned around once and then rode with Patrick Callahan for a little bit. That'll teach you to be compassionate!!!

Oz I'm feeling pretty bold with a whole second on you. I'm thinking' I can start calling you Slow-zee. What-whaaaa???!!!??? You better get back to Prospector's soon 'cause I'm milkin' this, baby!
Oz L.
ozlee
El Dorado Hills, CA
Post #: 31
We're over a million now and still climbing! :-)