addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Cycle Folsom Message Board Equipment and Tech Forum › Prescription sunglasses

Prescription sunglasses

Roy H
user 44912812
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 5
I have a pair of Bolle's with a prescription insert (as opposed to Rx lenses) from years ago but they are falling apart. What do you use (Rx adapter or Rx lenses), recommendations for frames and a place to get them done? Thanks, Roy
Brian
TheManTheMachine
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 110
Hi Roy,
I've had both. I use to have a pair of Oakley with the Rx in the lenses. Not good if you want to swap out lenses. I now have a pair of Rudy Project with the Rx insert and a few sets of other lenses for riding in the sun and at night.

This was sort of covered in the "riding at night" discussion:
http://www.meetup.com/CycleFolsom/messages/boards/thread/15397422/10#86502742­

Healthy Eyes Optometry in Folsom carries Rudy Project and that's where I went (all are going to require you to fill the prescription through an optometrist even if you know your numbers), and now they are a sponsor of Cycle Folsom.