Cycle Folsom Message Board CF General Discussion Forum › LIVESTRONG Challenge Davis

LIVESTRONG Challenge Davis

Folsom, CA
Post #: 6
First of all, I can't begin to thank CycleFolsom enough for the support, friendships and encouragement I received these last couple of years. Many of you know my story and battle against cancer these past 2 years. I'm one of the lucky ones. Our club is big and there are a lot of other CycleFolsom members who have been directly effected by cancer who we may not have heard about. We can help.

On Sunday June 23, 2013 I have the opportunity to give back to an organization that provided much needed support throughout my fight. The LIVESTRONG Challenge Davis will be taking place this day. I will be riding the 100 mile route in honor of a friend who passed away March 17th after a 4 year battle against lung cancer as well as others who I have met through this ordeal. I am asking each of you to join me this day for a great day of riding for an incredibly worthy cause. The LIVESTRONG Foundation was instrumental in helping me get started with my treatments. They provided support, counseling and guides that ensured I was making the best choices in my treatment plan. Throughout the entire process, they never asked me for a dime. Regardless of your thoughts on Lance, the LIVESTRONG Foundation deserves our support. I hope each of you feel the same.

Please join me and Team CycleFolsom for this ride. I will be posting a meetup on our site but in the meantime, here is the link to the team page:

I still have work to do on our team page and hopefully will get it up to speed soon, however I wanted to get this out as soon as possible. Please let me know what questions you may have in regards to this cause.

Thanks for your time,

Joel Brandt
Kevin H.
El Dorado Hills, CA
Post #: 35

This year will be my 4th or 5th Livestrong Challenge and the one that means the most. Really looking forward to riding with you riding through that Survivors Gate!

Mike L.
Folsom, CA
Post #: 31
Joel, you can count Rene and I in again this year. The friend I rode for last year passed away from a long battle. This is a worthwhile cause. They do so many things for those living with cancer.
Rowland F.
Folsom, CA
Post #: 8
I'm planning on it! Just registered...
Folsom, CA
Post #: 7
Thanks to all who have registered and donated to this great cause...

For those of you still considering the ride, LiveStrong is offering 50% off the registration fee. I'm not sure how long it will last but you can use the following code to receive 50% off your registration.

Code: FIGHT50

Let's get the CycleFolsom train rolling!

Lee H.
Elk Grove, CA
Post #: 7
5 days after I sign up. Grrr. :-)