add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Cycle Folsom Message Board CF General Discussion Forum › Cycle Folsom News and Updates -- Please read.

Cycle Folsom News and Updates -- Please read.

Stan S.
Group Organizer
Folsom, CA
This message is being sent to the entire club.
I normally wouldn't combine an upbeat message about a new sponsor together with a somber message about another "rider down," but I try hard to limit my e-mails, so I've reluctantly combined the two topics here.
First the good news...
AthletiCamps Joins as an official CF Sponsor
I'm pleased to announce that AthletiCamps has formalized their relationship with Cycle Folsom and has become a sponsor. Cycle Folsom's Premium Members will now benefit from a standing 15% discount on precision Retül Bike Fitting, and also on Performance Testing. AthletiCamps will likely provide other offers over time, so you might want to join their mailing list. Also, AthletiCamps will be hosting structured, sub- weekly rides that all Cycle Folsom Members are welcome to join. Visit the­ page for more info.
I have personally benefitted from a Retül Bike fit from Bruce last year. I know others have also had positive results as well. If you have questions about bike fits or testing call or drop by AthletiCamps, or visit their web site.
Incidentally, if you haven't see the entire list of our sponsors, check it out.
Now the somber news...
We have yet another rider down. Ride Leader Scott McKinny collided with another cyclist while riding home from work on the bike trail Monday evening. I have not spoken directly to Scott, but it is my understanding that he was partially blinded by the sun, riding in his own lane when another rider coming the other direction crossed over into his lane. Again, I have not yet confirm those facts with Scott.
Brian Acord called Scott this morning. He is in the hospital (Kaiser) with a broken clavicle and 3 broken ribs; he had a collapsed lung after the crash. Considering the injuries, he is doing as best as possible. He might be heading home Thursday. His bike is messed-up too. As you can imagine, it will probably be at least a month before he swings a leg over a top-tube and probably longer till he's really in the swing of things.
Our club has had its fair share of serious crashes and injuries over the past several months (Greg, Sherry, Leonard, and others). It's a somber reminder that what we do is dangerous, and it's a reminder of the value of being vigilant and alert while riding. I know Scott to be one of the most experienced riders in our club, so it's safe to assume that the circumstances were extenuating, big time.
Between me and the other ride leaders, we'll try to provide updates, but in the mean time, this message will be posted to the Discussion forum in case you'd like to extend a message to Scott, or inquire about others who have crashed recently. (Discussions can be found under the Discussions navigation menu on the Meetup site. This one will be posted in the General Discussion forum).
That's it for now. Ride Safely!
Stan Schultz
Cycle Folsom