Cycle Folsom Message Board Impromptu Rides, Additional Training Rides, or Events not Posted on CF Calendar › California Coast Classic - September 13-20, 2014

California Coast Classic - September 13-20, 2014

Jason Bishop
user 53102822
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 15
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
I've decided to embark on a little personal growth journey by signing up for the California Coast Classic, 2014. The ride will last 8 days, travel 525 miles, and travel from San Francisco to Los Angeles along the Pacific Coast. The ride is to benefit the Pacific Region Arthritis Foundation, and my personal goal is to raise a minimum of $5,000 in donations.

I have two reasons for posting this here. First, I shamelessly ask for your donations. If you know anyone who may wish to contribute, I also ask that you forward them this link to my personal donation page. Please visit the page, make whatever donation you are able, and leave me a note that you were there!

http://ccc14.kintera....­

My second reason for posting is that I truly hope to gather some like-minded souls who may wish to join up with me as a team for the journey. Presently I am registered as an individual rider, but I'm certain the experience would be much more rewarding and memorable if undertaken with others. If you are interested, please check out the California Coast Classic website for the specific details, and download the free rider's handbook. It tells you everything.

http://ccc14.kintera....­

After seeing that, if you are interested in helping put a team together, please contact me by either posting a reply here, or messaging me directly through the meetup site.

Thanks for your support!

Jason (aka: the "Beatty Bomber")
(Shamelessly using my notoriety for fund-raising purposes? Yes...yes I am!)
Troy Wolf
sacwolf
Folsom, CA
Post #: 7
Send an Email Post a Greeting
This is just the type of ride and cause I've been waiting for! I am from Monterey, and since I started cycling last year, have dreamt of riding along the PCH. What an experience this shall be for those willing to embark on the journey. I'll be checking the details to ensure I can participate and commit by registering. Thanks for posting and hope to join/form a team...
Jason Bishop
user 53102822
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 17
This is just the type of ride and cause I've been waiting for! I am from Monterey, and since I started cycling last year, have dreamt of riding along the PCH. What an experience this shall be for those willing to embark on the journey. I'll be checking the details to ensure I can participate and commit by registering. Thanks for posting and hope to join/form a team...
Awesome, Troy! I hope you're able to go! As I said it would just be all that much better to have some familiar faces to make the journey with. I love the Monterey area, too, always look forward to riding there! Anyway, feel free to contact me directly for more discussion on the event. Email is jbcyclenut@gmail.com
Katryna
user 6626795
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 115
I have done a similar ride twice (2010/2012) for AIDS Lifecycle ride and it was an absolute blast. Looking at the route, this route looks a tad more appealing. Similar fundraising commitment. I didn't see any info on lodging during the event - do you know if its tent camping? I will give it some serious thought. I know from experience, fundraising and training in a group/team is more fun than solo. Thanks for posting
Jason Bishop
user 53102822
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 18
I have done a similar ride twice (2010/2012) for AIDS Lifecycle ride and it was an absolute blast. Looking at the route, this route looks a tad more appealing. Similar fundraising commitment. I didn't see any info on lodging during the event - do you know if its tent camping? I will give it some serious thought. I know from experience, fundraising and training in a group/team is more fun than solo. Thanks for posting
That would be great, Katryna! I looked at the rider handbook from 2013, and the way they had it set up was camping reservations (tent camping) at the end of each stage, with hot meals and showers available. They mentioned that hotels were available for "an additional fee" but didn't clarify. So I called. The organizers are super nice and helpful. Hotels are available at each area, and the event organizers provide transportation to and from the hotel each morning/night to the ride start/end. But the hotel fee is the responsibility of the rider. That having been said, I understand the event organizers are usually able to arrange some discounts on lodging. Hope this answers your questions, and hope you'll be interested in joining up with us!
Jason Bishop
user 53102822
Rancho Cordova, CA
Post #: 19
Little update - I was able to change my registration from individual to team leader, and am currently building a team. The team name is currently "CDCR / CCHCS" (my work organizations I am also recruiting from) but the team name is likely to change once we really have an identifying theme for our team. The team is open for anyone to join, and regardless of the stated team fundraising goal, the responsibility for each individual to raise the $3000 remains the same. Don't be daunted! There are presently 297 fundraising days left! LOL Check out my donations page, and there's a link there to join the team if you're interested. https://ccc14.kintera...­ Thanks!
Donald Smith
user 13217761
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
I quickly scanned through the photos from last year and saw tents set up on a football field on Day 1 in Santa Cruz. I would imagine accommodations are handled like the AIDS ride. Show up with a bag of clothes on wheels and you set up camp every night after the ride is done. Intriguing.