Cycling Meetup Group Message Board ATTENDANCE POLICY › RSVP AND CANCELATIONS

RSVP AND CANCELATIONS

Bea
user 4842656
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 44
This Meet Up lets you (and I) enjoy a variety of cycle rides and trips.

In order for us to enjoy a ride many hours of my spare time have gone into it checking train services, looking for interesting places to discover, mapping the routes from scratch, researching pubs for our stops, considering bail out options and sending out reminders to ensure everything goes on as smoothly as possible the day of the ride.

By not showing up or cancelling last minute you are showing lack of consideration for the rest of the group. A good manners' rule of thumb is to give notice to your guest that you won't be able to make it just as you would with a friend that is expecting you for dinner or waiting for you at the cinema. You wouldn't tell them at 8pm that you won't show up at 8.15pm, would you?

I understand that life "happens" and sometimes unforseeable circumstances may prevent you from attending. However, I'd kindly ask you to please:

1.Only RSVP if you are sure that you will be able to attend after checking your work/social diary.

2.Change your attendance status as soon as your circumstances change.

Please be aware that you will be immediately removed from the group if you don't show up or cancel within 24 hours of a ride. This is a one strike policy!

I appreciate your good will and understanding of the attendance policy as it's in everyone's interest and joy.