Please join us for a bike ride to Masson-Angers this coming Saturday.
Suggested itinerary is to ride to Cumberland (using Old Montreal Road from Petrie Island), use the ferry to cross the river to Masson-Angers, take a break (lunch and/or drinks and/or icecream), and head back.
The total distance is about 75 km. The trip could take anywhere between 5 to 6 hours. We will be cycling on paved roads, bike lanes, and bike paths. There are no gravel paths on our way. However, we may run into some road construction on Sussex Drive and Old Montreal Road.
The ferry fee for one cyclist (plus bike) is $2 (one-way).
You will see a big "R. H. Coats Building" sign at the north-west corner of Scott & Parkdale; we'll be close to the sign, near the benches under the trees. There's a Quickie Mart just across the street in case you need water/juice, food, cash (CIBC ATM), etc.
The exact coordinates are here: https://goo.gl/maps/E2tDU
* Please be at the meeting point on time. We will leave at 11am.
* Bring $4 for the ferry return trip.
* When we reach Masson-Angers, we will probably stop at the O'Max restaurant. If there is not enough space to accommodate us, we will continue further north to the strip mall which has a few fast-food restaurants (Subway, Tim Horton's, a cremerie, etc.)
* Bring a repair kit for your bike and enough cab/bus money to get you home, in case your bike has a mechanical failure.
* Bring a simple first-aid kit for yourself, even if it is just a few tissues and Band-Aids.
* We will try to ride together at a leisurely pace (20-25 km/hr), but if you fall behind, you have two options: you can turn around, or you can try to meet up with us in Masson-Angers. We will be either at the O'Max restaurant or at the strip mall further north.
* If possible, bring your cell-phone with you (for emergencies, and to get in touch with us).
* Here is the route for the trip: https://goo.gl/maps/9CBab