DC Agile Software Testing Group (DCAST) Message Board › Entry-level QA Tester position @ Knowland Group DC - Apply today!
Job Title: Software Escalation/QA Specialist
At The Knowland Group, we believe in adding client value and giving great customer service. We take pride in providing solutions in the form of products and services that improve our clients’ businesses because, at the end of the day, it’s all about the clients!
The Knowland Group is currently seeking a proactive, energetic Escalation Specialist to be a part of our fast-paced, dynamic Technology Team. This position will assist our Client Care, Integrations and Product Development teams by performing user acceptance testing and troubleshooting technical issues with our suite of SaaS-based software products. The Escalation Specialist will work in a QA role, conduct user acceptance testing (UAT), and work frequently with MS SQL Server.
• Work with Knowland Group’s Client Care, Integrations, and Product Development teams to analyze, recommend, define, evaluate, test and improve our suite of SaaS-based software products.
• Take escalation calls and serve as support for Knowland’s Client Care and Integrations teams and work to resolve complex technical issues with Readers, Insight and Target Net products
• Identify and understand client needs, diagnose user and software errors, identify bugs, and escalate or resolve technical issues as they arise.
• Simulate or recreate user problems, perform QA testing and UAT to resolve operating difficulties
• Analyze problem causes, patterns, and trends and recommend corrective action where appropriate
• Interact effectively with internal customers and appropriate system vendors to conduct necessary research to resolve issues.
• Be a client advocate and work to continually raise the bar!
Our Ideal Candidate:
This is the ideal role for an analytical thinker who enjoys resolving technical issues in a high-pressure, fast-paced work environment. For this role, candidates must have proven success working as a part of a well-oiled client support or tech support team, or helpdesk/IT, and possess strong communication skills. Intermediate experience with MS SQL Server is required – candidates must be able to understand stored procedures, but do not need to write stored procedures. Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree or certification preferred.
Location/Work Environment: 623 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20001 - In 2011, our Washington DC office, located in scenic Chinatown, was voted one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Greater Washington area by the Washington Business Journal! The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy!
Benefits: Aside from working with smart, good-humored, hardworking Knowland employees, having uncapped growth potential and a work/life balance, this position also includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company contribution, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, gym reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, childcare reimbursement, SmartTrip Benefits for our DC employees, and paid time-off and paid holidays.