DC Area Drone User Group Message Board Tech Talk - Drone Electronics / Hardware / Software › Optical Flow Loitering in ArduPilot

Optical Flow Loitering in ArduPilot

Christopher Vo
chrisvo
Washington, DC
Post #: 8
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Has anyone gotten optical flow loitering (the OF_LOITER) mode working on a multicopter with the optical flow sensor and ArduPilot? I'm having drift issues. When I switch on OF_LOITER, my hexacopter immediately starts drifting. I'll review the source code for it soon to see if there's some insight in there but I was wondering if anyone here has gotten an optical flow sensor hooked up yet?
Jonathan R
user 61079222
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
Hi Chris
I'm not using the ArduPilot, but a different arduino based autopilot. but i was curious, what optical flow sensor are you using?
Christopher Vo
chrisvo
Washington, DC
Post #: 9
ADNS3080.

Apparently i'm having problems with the copter drifting even in GPS optical flow loitering mode as well, so I am going to continue looking into the ArduPilot firmware to see what the heck could be going on.

BTW the ArduPilot source code is a wreck. It's loaded with temporary hacks and other unexplainable things.