DC Area Drone User Group Message Board Activities / Events / Projects › Unofficial fly-ins

Unofficial fly-ins

Gustavo Zastrow
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 137
Anybody want to meet at Baron Cameron Park (Reston) in the afternoons?
If it doesn't rain again I will probably be there tomorrow (Thursday June 27th) at around 6 pm and I'll probably visit the park again next week (probably by Tuesday)
The park is very convenient if you live or work in the west suburbs (Tysons, Reston, Herndon, Dulles) and although sometimes there are people playing in the soccer fields, almost nobody use fields# 8, 9 and 10 which are in back of the park
Christopher Vo
chrisvo
Washington, DC
Post #: 227
A few of us have been doing that kind of thing in fact.

Talk to Ted and Dan Allen, they've been doing that at Baron Cameron and Lake Fairfax
David Siedlyk
Kexler
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 42
I wanted to go yesterday, but the stress of the week got the better of me and I decided to take a really long nap after work.

Anybody doing any flying today?
Gustavo Zastrow
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 139
Tomorrow (July 3rd) my workplace will close earlier, so I plan to stop by Baron Cameron at around 3pm
So you are welcome if you want to join for another unofficial fly-in
My plan is to test "simple" and "super simple" modes and also test a Contour camera
David Siedlyk
Kexler
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 43
There is a very good chance that there may be a 4 hours admin leave or 59 minute admin leave tomorrow (July 3rd) where I work. I'd be down for heading out to this park. I am however waiting for a FedEx delivery...so if it is there by the time I drive home, I'll head up that way.
Christopher Vo
chrisvo
Washington, DC
Post #: 229
I might join you at 3pm. My exit interview for my job is at 1pm so I'll probably be kicked out promptly after that, lol.

I tried to do some flips with my ArduCopter the other day, it wasn't happening. lol
Gustavo Zastrow
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 142
Great!
It's going to be hot and humid but I'll be there around 3pm. Probably in field# 7, 8, 9 or 10
David Siedlyk
Kexler
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 45
Well, only got 59 mins, so by the time I get back up to my apartment and get my gear / changed it's gonna be closer to 5pm and then a 40 min drive up. I'll message this discussion thread and hope someone is still up there and weather is cooperating. :P
Gustavo Zastrow
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 143
Well, only got 59 mins, so by the time I get back up to my apartment and get my gear / changed it's gonna be closer to 5pm and then a 40 min drive up. I'll message this discussion thread and hope someone is still up there and weather is cooperating. :P
Im leaving the park now because it's raining. I flought around 20 minutes and tested "super simple mode". It is really super simple!
Gustavo Zastrow
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 144
I may visit the park again tomorrow (Saturday) at around 2pm