DC Area Drone User Group Message Board Activities / Events / Projects › Unofficial fly-ins

Unofficial fly-ins

David S.
Kexler
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 54
I'll be there (Weather permitting) I do need to run home before going out there though. I had no time to pack my gear in the car before heading off to work.
Kevin G.
user 72263132
Washington, DC
Post #: 54
Gustavo-- I'm swinging by on the late side with my little toy. I hope you're still there. :)
Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 164
Another great fly-in at Cameron and with the sunset starting earlier it was a good oportunity to test my copter's new LED stripe
There is always something in the park... from people testing small rockets to RC airplanes and yesterday there was a paraglider in one of the fields! check out the photo below

David S.
Kexler
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 55
I learned that the RD32ii takes a few seconds to fix itself after turning into the sunset. Thanks Kevin for talking me down while I was 'blind'. :)
Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 168
Another unofficial flyin tomorrow (Wednesday) after 6:30pm... Hopefully it will not rain!
Gregory P.
garker
Sterling, VA
Post #: 36
Lots of fun today. Ted came out and showed us how to fly. Mo flew his new glider plane and only crashed twice. Then Gus crashed. Propeller issues during Loiter Mode. My Alt Hold mode is crazy. Moon shot.
Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 169
Although it started to rain around 8pm we had enough time to flight... and crash ;-)
Kudos for Ted's x-treme flight demo and Mo's piloting his new glider!
I have a schedule conflict next Wednesday, so how about meeting again on Tuesday next week?

Gregory P.
garker
Sterling, VA
Post #: 37
Please add me to the email list!
Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 170
Hopefully the weather improves, because we are planning another unofficial fly-in tomorrow Saturday at 2:30pm at Davis Airport W-50 located at 7200 Hawkins Creamery Rd, Laytonsville, Md 20882

Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 172
I was thinking about going to Baron Cameron Park today for another unofficial fly-in.
However the weather forecast is not improving and it is already drizzling here in Herndon :-(
So let's postpone the fly-in to the weekend or sometime next week
BTW, don't forget to attend the "Using Flying Robots to Stop Poaching in Africa" event this Thursday