addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DC Area Drone User Group Message Board Activities / Events / Projects › Drones and autumn leaves

Drones and autumn leaves

Gustavo Z.
user 56452902
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 201
Some members are willing to do some photo/video shooting of the autumn leaves in the coming days. We should coordinate a visit to a park this coming weekend and test our camera gear and skills.
Fortunately the weather is cooperating, however national parks like the Shenandoah are still closed because of the gov shutdown.
Anybody can suggest a location where we can find trees in different colors? and which is also away from any airport and Flight Restricted Zone
UPDATE: Stay tuned. It seems that the Gov shutdown is over!
Christopher V.
chrisvo
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 322
So, not exactly yet but in maybe a week the leaves on GMU campus are going to be a brilliant yellow and orange color. I am hoping to get footage that really captures its glory.
Nadine T.
user 6485738
Takoma Park, MD
Post #: 2
Maryland is really starting to change colors. See the link below. What would we need to do if we wanted to fly from Davis next Sunday to catch it in time? I know the fly-in is a week later, but I get the feeling the colors might be peaking this weekend and maybe waning by the next.
Robert
user 70305012
Washington, DC
Post #: 23
@Nadine

Sent you an email. The leaves are changing now at Davis and are great for FPV filming. A small group we could arrange. Let me know when you were thinking of.