New Thurs eve plus Mon at lunchtime and Mon evening drop-in classes and 'DWTS Watch Party' ...(we'll also have a second TV in case you don't want to miss 'The Voice')
Complete Thurs 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule from 6:00pm-10:20pm:
6:00pm - 6:45pm:
1) Beginner to Beginner+ Argentine Tango and Tango Valz (beg+/int class at 8:15pm - taught by Terry Chasteen)
(For those close-by who wish to walk directly after work. A later class available at 8:15 for those driving in or coming by Metrorail from farther away)
6:45pm - 7:30pm:
1) Beginner to intermed Salsa On1 ... (taught by Terry Chasteen)
(for those who drive, the surrounding free embassy and parking across the street opens up at 6:30pm. Arrive before 7pm and you can usually get one of 10 free parking spots directly across the street)
OR BY REQUEST...
2) Beginner International Latin ~ (ChaChaCha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble or Jive)
(included as beginner level competitive or social dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland).
7:30pm - 8:15pm:
1) Social Ballroom / Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop / Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin, Tango, Swing Disco/Hustle and more (not strictly for wedding couples; great also for parents, wedding party members and family members).
(taught by Terry Chasteen)
8:15pm - 9:00pm:
1) Beginner to beginner+/intermediate Argentine Tango and Tango Valz (taught by Terry Chasteen)
(For those driving in or coming after work by Metrorail from another location)
2) Beginner to beginner+/intermediate C/W Two Step and Waltz
9:00pm - 10:20pm open social dancing and practice to all music styles by request (time available for private dance coaching for wedding preparation, competition and improved social dancing):
Social dancing and practice in all dance styles to include teacher assistance - free to anyone taking any class throughout the evening or $5 for dancing and practice only.
PLUS!!! early Monday 'Ballroom and Tango and Latin at Lunchtime' at DanceSport Dupont Circle from 12 noon to 2:15pm, followed by assisted practice ...
12:00 noon - 12:45pm:
1) Beginner Salsa On1 (taught by Terry Chasteen)
12:45pm - 1:30pm:
1) Beginner Argentine Tango and Milonga basics (taught by Terry Chasteen)
1:30pm - 2:15pm
3) Beginner Social Ballroom and Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshops ( taught by Terry Chasteen)
Sunday Beginner & Intermed/adv Salsa, Ballroom, Swing, Argentine Tango, Country/Western, Hip Hop, Disco/Hustle & more (including the authentic MJ's 'Thriller' on request) plus social dancing & practice from 3:00-11pm [class schedule below].
If you've been watching 'Dancing With The Stars', we teach all of those dances and more throughout the day and evening. Guaranteed to be a long and FUN-FILLED DANCE DAY at 'DanceSport Dupont Circle' [schedule below].
NO PREVIOUS DANCE EXPERIENCE OR PARTNER NECESSARY. WE'LL BE SWITCHING PARTNERS THROUGHOUT ALL CLASSES. ALL ARE WELCOME, INCLUDING SINGLES, COUPLES, SAME-GENDER COUPLES AND THE SEEING AND HEARING IMPAIRED (TO PRACTICE MY ASL!).
MONDAY CLASSES AT LUNCHTIME FROM 12:00 NOON TO 2:15PM .......
....... AND AGAIN 6-8PM FOLLOWED BY THE 'FREE'
'DANCING WITH THE DC STARS WATCH PARTY' EACH WEEK FROM 8-10.
'Ballroom and Tango and Latin at Lunchtime'
... 3 classes ($12 1st lunchtime class, $5 each additional) at (1) 12:00 noon (Ballroom & wedding dances decided by request), (2) 12:45 (Argentine Tango) & (3) 1:30 (salsa) followed by assisted social dancing and practice from 2:15pm until ? to all styles of requested music during private coaching. First class is $12 drop-in ($95/10-class dance card good at any 3 Metro DC, Md & Va locations) and $5 each additional class. [(1) student, (2) birthday and (3) 1st-time attending discounts].
MONDAY EVENINGS FROM 6PM-10PM ...
CLASSES FROM 6-8PM FOLLOWED BY
'Our Dupont Circle DanceSports Bar'
A FREE Monday eve
'Dancing With The DC Stars Watch Party'
(Also 'The Voice' for 'Voice' fans on a 2nd TV above on the S balcony)
... 3 classes ($12 1st class, $5 each additional) from 6-8pm (Salsa at 6, Argentine Tango -6:40 and Disco/Hustle -7:20) followed by TWO TV'S at once 8-10pm, including our infamous "DESSERTS WITH ICE CREAM'!!. Learn both dances performed each night on DWTS and it's FREE with or without taking a Monday class!!!.
The Mon evening
'Dancing With The DC Stars Watch Party'
...'The Voice' on the south balcony and
'Dancing With The Stars' on the main floor
The main dance floor will be open for dancing and practice during the show. We'll teach the beginner basics (and for some, more advanced material if requested) in both of the dances performed that night on DWTS.
'Dancing With The DC Stars Watch Party' is FREE! with open dancing and practice on the main floor. Includes our infamous "DESSERTS WITH ICE CREAM' to keep up your dancing strength!!. You'll learn both dances performed each night on DWTS...
Fri Happy Hour during
'TGI DanceSport Fridays'
at Remington's C/W Night Club on Capitol Hill... every 2nd Fri (other Fri's and Sat's TBA) from 6-9pm. Drop an email to [masked] to pre-register but come!!
Located at 'Remington's on Capitol Hill', 639 Pa Ave. SE, Wash DC 20003 (Eastern Market Metro 1/2 block)
Drop-in class times from 6pm-9pm every 2nd Fri (other Fri's & Sat's TBA on the hill):
1) Beginner Argentine Tango [6pm-6:40pm],
2) Beginner Salsa On1 [6:40pm-7:20pm],
3) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop/beginner social Ballroom, Latin or Swing (not only for wedding couples) [7:20-8:00pm]
4) Beg to int C/W two step [8:00pm-8:40pm]
5) Open dancing and teacher-assisted practice to all styles of music [8:40pm to 9:30pm] free to anyone attending.
Private dance coaching is available by appointment at one time or another nearly every day of the week for wedding preparation, for fine-tunung the material from your classes, for pro/am competition (the student would compete with the teacher) or amateur competition (two amateur dancers compete together as a couple) and in preparation for both the social and competitive events for the lgbt Games Cleveland, 2014. Contact [masked] or[masked] to make an appointment.
Sat morning/early afternoon BethesdaDanceSport.com, Terry Chasteens Bthesda, Md classes at 7800 Wisc Ave, Bethesda, Md 20814 from 10am-2pm.
Free garage parking 1 block around the corner all weekend in the city garage on Woodmont.
BethesdaDanceSport.com is Terry Chasteen's web site for Ballroom, Latin, Swing, Salsa, Argentine Tango and more classes, including Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshops and private dance coaching in Bethesda Maryland. Classes at DuShor Dance studio, 7800 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, Md 20814 on Sat mornings/afternoons from 10:00am-2:00pm.
1. Beginner (to intermed depending on those attending) Social Club Latin dances
1. Beginner Salsa On1 to int introduction (Terry)
1) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop / including Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin, Tango, Swing and more (not strictly for wedding couples; great also for parents, grandparents, wedding party members, plus your friends and family members who will be attending your special event).
(taught by Terry Chasteen –www.DanceAtYourWeddingWorkshops.com) Learn to prepare for a magnificent “FIRST DANCE” plus basics of Ballroom, Latin, Swing &/or Disco Hustle for the wedding (Not only for wedding couples. All Ballroom, Latin & Swing dances will eventually be covered for social dancing and/or competition)
1. Beginner (eventually Intermediate) Argentine Tango (Terry)
1. Beginner to Intermed (Bronze to Silver) International Ballroom (Waltz in Feb, Foxtrot, Tango Quickstep, Viennese Waltz - Terry)
'DanceSport at Dupont Circle'
3:oo-11pm ...includes beg & int classes PLUS social dancing,
refreshments, desserts with Ice cream,
and practice [schedule below]. Includes plus our weekly
New Bachata classes every Sun at 3pm (intermed) and 3:45pm (Beginner)
plus Salsa on both 1 & 2, Ballroom, Swing of all styles, International Latin, Brazilian Samba, C/W, 'Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshops' and Argentine Tango and Milonga classes plus the
'Domingo en Dupont MILONGA'
Tango classes at 7 & 7:45 plus FREE Milonga CLASS with at 8:30 and Tango, Valz and Milonga dancing and practice between 8:30pm to 11pm
(con Postres y Helado!)
Milonga and Tango social dancing/practice
from 8:30-11pm with
'GREAT' Tango music (and non-Tango selections of any style if requested) by DJ David Liu
(Our Halloween Milonga with live Tango music)
FREE DANCE CLASS during the week of your BIRTHDAY! at all PleaseDanceWithMe.com / DancingWithTheDCstars.com locations (that's 3 free classes for the week; one at each venue). Get your friends together or the friends of a loved one and CELEBRATE 'ALL' OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS ...by DANCING!!! (desserts and ice cream served every Sun during the social dances at DanceSport Dupont Circle ...all you need is your special CAKE!!).
Scroll down for the complete Sunday 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule, including ongoing classes and dancing in ALL dance styles from 3pm-11pm EVERY SUNDAY!! (plus noon-10:20pm on Mondays, 6-10:20pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays)
(... PLENTY of parking within 2 blocks after 6:30pm weekdays and all weekend at the nearby vacant embassies [explicit directions below])
Dominican style Bachata. Intermediate at 3pm and beginner at 3:45pm (Following beginner Salsa On1 and On2 from 3-3:45pm so you can take both beg classes back-to-back).
Sun fun and energetic drop-in weekly Bachata.
'DanceSport at Dupont Circle'
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall
2201 P St. NW [masked]nd St on Google Maps),
Washington DC 20037
Two blocks West of Dupont Circle (red line Metro) at 22nd & P NW between P and Q.
Entrance indicated by balloons at the South corner of the building at 22nd & P.
LOOK FOR THE BALLOONS ON THE ENTRANCE SINCE THERE ARE NUMEROUS ENTRANCES TO THE BUILDING. AND IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH A BIRTHDAY, BRING THEM! BIRTHDAY BOYZ AND GIRZ OF ALL AGES ARE FREE! WE ALREADY HAVE THE ICE CREAM AND DESSERTS. JUST BRING A CAKE TO SHARE IF YOU CARE TO.
(Includes our infamous desserts with ice cream. Visit
www.TangoDanceSport.com for directions to
PLENTY of free available parking)
$12/person/class, $10 full-time students with ID; $95/10-class dance card (which can be shared with a dance partner), $85/10-class student class card (class cards good at any of 3 present locations).
Complete Sunday 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' schedule
3:00pm - 3:45 pm:
1) Beg SalsaOn1 ~ (taught by Mein Son Mas and/or Terry chasteen)
2) Beg Salsa Rueda ~ Casino Style Cuban Salsa danced in a Circle (taught by Mein Son Mas)
3) Bachata Dominican style Intermed/adv shines, footwork and turn patterns taught by Hecter Chavez and Latin Dance Vibe. Drop-in classes ongoing.
4) Beg SalsaOn2NY Style (Mambo) basic patterns (taught by Mambo and technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
3:45pm - 4:30pm:
1) Intermediate SalsaOn1 (taught by Mein Son Mas or Terry)
2) Beg International Ballroom ~ Dance changes each month (Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Quickstep or Viennese Waltz) taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen. (one of the beginner level competitive dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleve).
3) Beg Bachata Dominican style beginner basics in easy shines, footwork and basic turn patterns. RSVP at [masked].
4) ALL LEVELS Beginner/int/adv Salsa On2 New York Style technique, styling balance, rotation, musicality, Shines, etc (Technique class EXCELLENT for all levels by Mambo & technique expert Psyn Mauricio Scott)
4:30pm - 5:15pm
1) Beg International Latin ~ Rumba, ChaChaCha, Samba, Paso Doble or Jive taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen (One of the beg thru int/adv level competitive dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleve).
2) Salsa On2, New York Style int/advanced turn patterns ~ (intermed/adv + turn patterns and shines - taught by Psyn Mauricio Scott)
3) Beginner West Coast Swing (Mein)
1) C/W Two Step - technique, basics and fun turn patterns for all levels (taught by Mein for both social dancing and LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland)
2) Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshop ~ Beginner Social Ballroom, Latin and Swing (not strictly for wedding couples ...taught by Terry Chasteen)
Also for wedding party members, parents, family members and friends, not only wedding coulpes.
3) International Jive or East Coast Swing - technique and basics for all levels (taught by Sunny Kwa or Terry Chasteen) (one of the beginner level competitive dances for LGBT Games 2014, Cleveland or Country/Western events).
1) Social dancing and practice in all dance styles to 8:30pm and during the adjacent Tango class. Includes teacher assistance, refreshments and desserts with ice cream. FREE with any Sun class.
2) 'Michael Jackson's Thriller' in preparation for a future MJ medley Flashmob.
Sunday 'Tango at Dupont Circle' from 7-11pm
The Church of the Pilgrims Fellowship Hall 2201 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20037
Level I beginner and level II Tango classes taught Terry Chasteen
7pm-7:45 : Level I beginners - basic figures (Tango basic, front and back ochos, molinetes, basic turning technique
7:45-8:30: Level II - Intermediate patterns and styling beyond basics.
$12, 2nd class an additional $5 to warm up on the basics before level II, $10 F/T students w/ ID; $95/10-class dance card , $85/10-class student class card. $8 for dancing from 8:30-11pm.
Milonga 8:30-11pm with DJ David Liu.
(Refreshments and desserts with ice cream included)
Location: Entrance indicated by balloons at the South corner of the building at 22nd & P.
Tango at Dupont Circle
Every Sun, Mon, Wed and Thurs 2.5 blocks West of Dupont Circle
at the Church of the Pilgrims (red line Metro)
Sun classes followed by the 'Domingo en Dupont Milonga' (con postres y Helado! ...desserts with ice cream!) from 8pm-11pm (now beginning at 8:30 until further notice).
1) 7:00pm Sun review and drill in all beginner level material in Tango and Tango Waltz (cadencia or weight changes, cunita or rock steps to sides or forward and back, 1-8 of basic figure, front and back ochos, molinetes to the right and left.
2) 7:45pm media lunar and easy Boleos, sacadas and ganchos. One class $12, $10 F/T students, $95/10-class dance card, $85/student 10-class dance card, an additional $5 to take the second Sunday class. Dancing and practice during the 'Domingo en Dupont Milonga' is FREE for anyone taking any Sunday class from 3pm-8pm.
'Domingo en Dupont Milonga'
(tambien con Postres y Helado!)
Give someone special a gift of
Ballroom, Salsa & Latin, Tango or
Swing dancing & more...
...regardless of the occasion...
Give friends and loved ones a
"2-For-1-First-Class Gift Certificate".
PLENTY OF NEARBY 'DanceSport at Dupont Circle' FREE PARKING ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
We are two 2 blocks West of Dupont Circle (on the red line Metro) next to Embassy Row with free parking during the weekends plus during the week after 6:30pm in front of the nearby embassies, including:
1) on the adjacent block of Massachusetts Ave from 22nd St West to Sheridan Circle and several blocks beyond,
2) on 22nd St directly North of Q and Mass Ave to R St,
3) West along R St between 22nd and 23rd at Sheridan Circle,
4) directly on Sheridan Circle, which is one block from the Church of the Pilgrims,
5) non-embassy free parking is also available all weekend directly across from us on 22nd St between P and Q which opens up during the week daily at 6:30pm (so come to class early right after work and your parking space will be waiting for you at 6:30!).
Thriller Routine with Terry Chasteen
(Too much fun!!)
Uploaded by mikebarisdotcom on Oct 28, 2011
LOOK FOR THE BALLOONS ON THE ENTRANCE
Terry Chasteen's International DanceSPORT & Entertainment
You've been watching "America's Ballroom Challenge" on PBS,
"So you Think You Can Dance" on FOX plus
"Dancing with the Stars" on ABC.
Metropolitan Washington DC is definitely becoming a city of BALLROOM, LATIN, TANGO, HIP HOP & SWING DANCING
...It's time for YOU to
"BECOME ONE OF THOSE STARS"...
"Out on The Dance Floor"!...
Wouldn't you rather STOP WATCHING all the fun....and START HAVING IT!?