The DC DSA has recently created some new committees, and we want you to get involved!
There are three committees each of which will be taking on tasks essential to growing the local and getting us in the fight (in a political sense).
1. Tech Team
The Tech Team works to provide technical support to the local. They are currently rebuilding the local website (it can be seen here
). If you have some experience/interest with web design, html, WordPress or graphic design, this is the place for you! Common Tech Team tasks include:
- Adjusting the header for a page on our WordPress site
- Approving forum or blog posts
- Assisting members trying two write a blog post
If you are intrested in getting involved with the Tech Team, please contact Coleman at:
2. Editorial Board
The Editorial Board is responsible for communicating with members and the public. They are currently working on creating a monthly newsletter for the local. If you have experience in journalism, editing, photography or you want to get some, this is the place for you! Common Editorial Board tasks will include:
- Writing a blog post
- Editing a fellow EB member's blog post
- Tweeting from the DSA twitter account
If you are interested in getting involved with the Editorial Board, please contact Woody at:
3. Activism Committee
The Activism Committee is responsible for planning, and executing, actions and events. Once convened, its first task will be to plan upcoming actions and electoral activity. If you are interested in protests, street theater, organizing or electoral activism, this is the committee for you! Common AC tasks will include:
- Planning the details of a direct action
- Contacting allies to coordinate activism
- Working with the Editorial Board to publicize actions
- Preparing materials for actions (signs, banners, leaflets)
If you are interested in getting involved with the Activism Committee, please contact Coleson at:
We look forward to working with you!
T. Coleson Breen