align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

DC Droids - DC Android Developers, Designers, Enthusiast Message Board › Free Developing Android Applications with Java Course

Free Developing Android Applications with Java Course

Prasanna P.
user 10194700
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Hello All,

Here is a course that some of you may want to attend.

http://training.oreil...­

Course Dates: Tuesdays, February 9 - March 16, 2010
Time: 11am Pacific (Seattle) [Other Time Zones]
Duration: 90-120 Minutes
Cost: The LIVE event is FREE to attend!

Hope this helps!
Prasanna
Kartik
user 8468078
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 3
Hi Prassana,

Any other similar Live event coming in 2011?

Regards,

Kartik
Tunde O.
user 13451212
Owings Mills, MD
Post #: 4

Hi Guys,

I'm a Systems Admin and a huge Android enthusiast seeking to gain knowledge in the mobile app development field.

Does anyone know of training classes, online classes, intern programs or any opportunities to gain knowledge/hands-on experience in the mobile app development space? Any ideas or suggestions is welcome, please advise.
Prasanna P.
user 10194700
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Hi Kartik,

We will be having events in 2011 ... roughly one event a month.

Thanks for joining the group,
Prasanna

Hi Prassana,

Any other similar Live event coming in 2011?

Regards,

Kartik

Kartik
user 8468078
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 4
Thanks Prassana,

Appreciate your taking time and responding. Was wondering if the events are online as well, something like screen share using various softwares.

I was in DC area, recently, shifted to Chicago area. Me and many like me would be great fans of Android Development but spread across geography. But, as is saying with Technology, World is Flat and geography human potential rather than geography is driving factor now.

Some using Eclipse+ SDK, some developing in Java, some using Emulator. I use Eclipse+SDK.

It would be great if some of the events are online. This would increase the participation many fold and whole lot of idea sharing and joint development could be done. I wish to participate in as many as events online.

Thanks one again for your taking time out.

Regards

Kartik