DC Enterprise Tech Meetup Message Board › NEEDED: Systems Engineer – immediate opportunity with Halfaker and Associat
Halfaker and Associates, LLC (www.halfaker.com), is current looking for 3 Systems Engineers. Halfaker is a service-disabled veteran-owned, woman-owned, 8(a), small business and award winning professional services and technology solutions firm in Arlington, VA that advises and assists government organizations and commercial clients on issues of national and global significance.
Req #: HA2012026
Location: Arlington,VA, United States
We are seeking an Associate Systems Engineer to join our talented, dynamic team providing comprehensive Information Technology (IT) solutions and services in support of Content Management Services (ECMS), Program Management and Support Services projects. The Systems Engineer will be part of a contractor team providing:
• Overall IT system architecture planning supporting content/data management of the Army departmental publishing mission and the electronic publishing process which includes hardware, software development, design, implementation, integration, interfacing, installation, life cycle replacement, technical refresh, operations, maintenance, training, and sustainment of the ECMS
• Help develop and implement monitoring solutions for APD using IBM Tivoli Monitoring Suite. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and be able to work with the customer and the engineering team to develop and document business requirements with regard to systems and network monitoring
• Perform system engineering analysis, design, architecture, installation and deployment of Tivoli Monitoring System and Netcool OMNIbus
• Install, configure and test Tivoli Monitoring System v6.2.2 and Netcool OMNIbus v7.3 software on platforms including: Unix/Solaris, Red Hat/Linux and Windows
• Work with government personnel and program leadership to implement Tivoli Monitoring solutions across the program
• College graduate (BA or BS) in Computer Science or related field; relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of direct network engineering work
• At least 4 years of OS experience (Windows, RedHat/Linux)
• Experience with the setup/maintenance of a large scale monitoring system
• Proven experience supporting all phases of the systems development lifecycle; requirements gathering, development planning, and unit testing and system integration
• Prior experience with Tivoli Netcool applications preferred
• Ability to anticipate problems and develop effective solutions
• Must have an active SECRET security clearance
If you are interested in this opportunity let me know when a good time would be for me to give you a call, or feel free to give me a call at (202)439-2378.
Below is a link to apply to the position online.
If this is not of interest to you, feel free to pass it along to anyone you know who may be interested.