DC GLBT Board Gamers Group Message Board › Weekend meetups?

Weekend meetups?

Esprix
esprix
Lexington Park, MD
Post #: 30
I live outside the beltway, so Monday nights aren't great for me. Any chance of folks planning a weekend meetup sometime?
rodney
LN569
Washington, DC
Post #: 28
I am Rodney, one of the assistant organizers, I regularly schedule gatherings at my home in Silver Spring on weekends, and they are often joint meetups combining this group with another, larger and more active meetup to get more people to attend. If you have a specific day and/or location you would like to see happen for a meetup, please go ahead and post it and if there is enough interest or agreement, I will go ahead and schedule it.
Esprix
esprix
Lexington Park, MD
Post #: 31
Cool, thanks Rodney. I'm not as familiar with places to meet, so I'd need your advice on that.

What other group do you coordinate with?

- Alan
A former member
Post #: 3
Alan, I am in Rockville and am only able to make it down to play on Mondays sporadically. Last Monday, one of the Aarons wanted to meet more often and possibly on weekends. I think Soho is swamped on Sunday afternoons and evenings, but perhaps we could try to meet up this coming Saturday late afternoon/early evening?

Anyone else interested?

George
Esprix
esprix
Lexington Park, MD
Post #: 32
I think I can do Saturday this weekend, but I'm not certain. I know the DuPont Circle board gaming group is meeting on Sunday afternoon, and I was hoping to make that.
EZA
user 7736501
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
Guys,

I'd be up for scheduling a last minute meetup for this Sat. The problem is that Soho is pretty crowded on Saturdays too. Do you guys have a suggestion for another place to hold the meetup?

-Eytan
rodney
LN569
Washington, DC
Post #: 29
Cool, thanks Rodney. I'm not as familiar with places to meet, so I'd need your advice on that.

What other group do you coordinate with?

As you can see, I have scheduled a meetup on the 24th of March with The Virginia League Of Extraordinary Gamers AND the MD/DC/VA 20s to40s boardgames meetup. I hope Alan and many other folks will be able to attend

~Rodney

- Alan

rodney
LN569
Washington, DC
Post #: 30
Guys,

I'd be up for scheduling a last minute meetup for this Sat. The problem is that Soho is pretty crowded on Saturdays too. Do you guys have a suggestion for another place to hold the meetup?

-Eytan

I know the Dupont Circle game group meets at Au Bon Pain at 1100 13th St between L & Mass Ave, about two blocks north of McPhereson Square. I would be happy to meet there on Saturday afternoon.

~Rodney
Esprix
esprix
Lexington Park, MD
Post #: 33
I know the Dupont Circle game group meets at Au Bon Pain at 1100 13th St between L & Mass Ave, about two blocks north of McPhereson Square. I would be happy to meet there on Saturday afternoon.

~Rodney

Actually, that was the Sunday Meetup I was thinking of attending. :)

- Alan
A former member
Post #: 4
Don't seem to be a lot of takers. (gbmail) Thanks, though, Eytan. (@fastmail) Alan, I am usually up for driving into DC on weekends, too. (.net) So if you want to organize a date at some point in the future, let me know at by gluing together the email parts in parentheses -- take that, spammers. I am a little closer and can scout out a place.

George