DC Language Lovers Message Board › REMINDER: One World, Many Voices: Celebration of World Languages Feb 19 @ 6:30pm
Join DC Language Lovers for a Celebration of World Languages, a cultural extravaganza on February 19, 2011. Come enjoy an evening of music and colorful dance performances from around the world to commemorate International Mother Language Day.
The line-up for this year's show includes:
- Verastile Native American performers Ron Warren and Janice Torres
- Activist and singer from the Ivory Coast, Shakama, who sings in French, Bambara and English
- Traditional Bangladeshi songs and dances presented by Dhroopad
- Palestinian folk singers, Huda Asfour and Emmal Baker Karmi
- Traditional Peruvian rhythms (Festejos y Tonderos ) by Abel Castillo and Rafael Rivera
and much more......
This event is free and open to the public. So please RSVP, spread the word and bring your friends.
HOW TO FIND DC LANGUAGE LOVERS: All DC Language Lover members should meet in front of the building by 6:30pm sharp. I will be there from 6:15pm onwards. Once it hits 6:30pm I will distribute round yellow stickers to each DC Language Lover member so that we can identify who is in our group. That way once we are inside, if you see someone with the yellow sticker, you'll know they are in our group and you can get better acquainted.
See you all soon!
P.S. Join DC Language Lovers on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date on all our upcoming events!