DC Health 2.0 STAT - Web 2.0/Social Media/Informatics Message Board › NYC Meetup Event for Startups, Angels and VCs

NYC Meetup Event for Startups, Angels and VCs

Alex F.
abfair
New York, NY
Post #: 13
Hello DC!
It was good meeting many of you at HCDC10 last week.

So we have an idea in NYC that some of you may want to apply to pitch at. See it here:

Pitch Yourself into the Shark Tank - The Health 2.0 / Angel-VC Matchmaking Event
Posted by: Alex Fair

Suggest a date and time
I was at GE's Ecomagination event yesterday and a local Angel asked the leaders how he could participate in the process and look for investments too. It occurred to me that it is at least as hard for an Angel or VC to find fundable companies as it is for us start-ups to find the right sources of capital. So I pitched him, a few other VCs, and the GE folks on the idea and a few have expressed interest.

So here is how I suggest we do this: First we set up a panel of five VCs or Angels looking for health start-ups to fund. Next we invite everyone to submit their pitch to be included in the presenters. The VCs, Angels, Lynn, Eugene, and I will select the best 5 pitches.

At the event we give each approved startup 5 minutes to pitch. After everyone goes, one will be invited to speak for another 5 minutes and maybe, if a VC is inspired, they will get a Shark Tank style offer (I will give you X dollars for Y shares...)

What do you think? Send me your pitch if you are ready and vote for it at www.health20nyc.com.­

See you soon!