New Technology Network (DC / VA / MD) Message Board › Sr Developer/Designer/Architect - Vienna, VA
The Senior Software Developer/Designer will be responsible for architecting, designing and coding enterprise class software solutions, systems integration with COTs and closely adhering to deadlines. You will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation. You will ensure relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional and meet expectations.
• Architects, designs, implements, tests and supports software for in house developed systems. Updates and develops software and provides customer support. Specialized software being developed includes routing and distribution; dispatch management; and web sites.
• Architects, designs, implements, tests and supports system integration with COTs products such as CRM.
• Provides technical leadership in primary areas of competence, mentorship and task management and project leadership support.
• Assists Business Analyst in initial planning by developing a thorough understanding of the problem domain (utilizing inception and elaboration artifacts) and effectively aligning it with the software engineering domain to produce an architectural, software, and resource assessment for project success.
• Manage the assignment and coordination of technical activities and the delivery of technical artifacts throughout the project, utilizing appropriate tools and protocols to effectively communicate this information to the Applications Director and Chief Information Officer.
• Develops increasing expertise in key software development and system implementation technologies. Develops experience and expertise in problem definition, requirements analysis and the general design of systems.
• Assists with the planning, requirement analysis, and testing of all system patches and upgrades.
• Supports production issues and activities, as necessary, by researching, analyzing issues, and identifying and/or delivering solutions.
• Experience translating business requirements into systems architecture and design
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, mastery of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments; Ability to apply the right technology tool to the right problem
• Advanced knowledge of programming language, relational database management systems, networking technology, multiple desk operating systems and multiple server operating systems
• Minimum 3 to 5 years developing solutions for high volume transaction processing systems
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of .NET, VB.Net/C#, SQL Server and ASP.Net
• Ability to understand, communicate, and enforce architectural and coding standards
• SOA, web services, WCF, XML, SOAP/REST experience
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of systems analysis and design (including OOAD and UML) , and database design
• Experience implementing software development lifecycle (Agile) and modern software engineering principles and practices
• Ability to work within a team of varying skilled developers
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Customer service orientation
Lasership is a 25 year old, privately held and fast growing last mile shipper. Lasership has 19 regional offices throughout the east coast serving millions of customers per month. Currently, the information technology organization is transforming the software platforms to support the increase in transaction volume and growth. The Senior Software Developer/Designer will be a part of a 21 person organization that will architect, design and build solutions to support the business direction.