New Technology Network (DC / VA / MD) Message Board › Network Administrator/Engineer Wanted - Tysons Corner, VA
The Network Administrator/Engineer will design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks for multiple locations along the east coast; ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances; manage servers including database, e-mail, print, telecom, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software; develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery; participate in managing all network security solutions; and perform server and security audits and system backups and recovery.
Demonstrated success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation; hands-on technical knowledge of network hardware, corporate firewall, VPN, VLAN, subnets, MS Windows Server 2003/2008, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Vmware, SAN; proven success with hardware troubleshooting and application support; and experience with corporate backup and recovery and business continuity planning and testing are required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• CCNA, MCSE Certifications Preferred
• 6-8 years experience in network administration/engineering
• Experience with multiple remote locations support
• Experience with Microsoft and Linux server environments
• Experience with VoIP solutions; Disaster Recovery and Redundancy
• Experience working with a variety of technologies and vendors
• High initiative and ability to work independently
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel up to 20%.
Contact: Kathy McNeill (kmcneill at lasership.com)