New Technology Network (DC / VA / MD) Message Board › Red Hat Linux System Administrator with 7 years experience in the DC Metro A
• Monitor hardware and software for signs of failure. Create and use tools and processes to perform health checks, generate audit data, and maintain audit documentation.(20%)
• Install upgrades and patches on operating systems software and hardware (e.g. firmware) and replace failed hardware components as appropriate. Perform system administration on assigned systems; maintain configurations and software inventories. Install and configure server Red Hat Linux, Window / IBM GPFS (General Parallel File System), IBM WebSphere Application Server and ESRI middleware, and other software on new and established hardware platforms (20%)
• Responsible for providing key insight and the development of server and storage architectures to support, availability, redundancy, scalability and reliability of the environment .(20%)
• Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting to investigate problems and implement appropriate resolutions. Review system and hardware environments to proactively resolved issues and anticipate problems. Review knowledge portals to keep knowledge current (20%)
• Provide expert level knowledge of operating system architecture, configuration and performance management as well system design and implementation architecture to optimize system reliability and performance (20%)
The Linux system administrator will perform all administration and maintenance tasks for approximately 100 Red Hat Linux servers including planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring. The Red Hat clustering suite (including GFS) will be maintained and operated. The administrator will allocate storage for operating systems and applications. The systems will be patched and maintained at the proper security benchmark level. Middleware software installations will be performed. The administrator will manage servers in the client data center and headquarters locations.
Responsible for providing systems administration services on IBM Blades Centers, IBM 6800 SAN(Storage Area Network)s and software components across multiple, Red Hat Linux 5, Windows Server (2003) , IBM GPFS(General Parallel File System), IBM WebSphere Application Server, ESRI spatial system applications, and Oracle and DB2 database technologies.
Responsible for providing key insight and the development of server and storage architectures to support, availability, redundancy, scalability and reliability of the environment
Responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of operating systems, hardware platform support, backup and restore processes, capacity planning, performance management, and security compliance, as well as the tools and processes that monitor the operational status of the environment.
• Strong skills and 7 years experience as system engineer of Red Hat Linux, Windows servers and IBM Blade Center hardware environments.
• Experience implementing security controls on RHEL, and Windows
• Expert skills in writing and maintaining scripts (e.g. krnshell or Perl) and cron jobs.
• Experience with Oracle (10g & 11g) database, Endeca and IBM WebSphere Application Server environments to installation and support
• Experience in a large complex heterogeneous environments
• Experience with IBM AIX
Rational Clear Quest, Microsoft Visio
The candidate needs to be able to pass the standard background investigation for government work and must have been and authorized to work in the United States for at least 2 years preceding the application. Citizenship not required.
Please send your resume to Lily Foks:
410 605 0090 (w)
919 271 3230 (m)