Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Work with analysts to understand business requirements and offer technical solutions.
• Perform application design using OO development methodologies and design patterns
• Implement application design using component models and Object-Oriented languages (Java).
• Evaluate, redesign, refactor, and modify existing program logic to improve overall system performance and maintainability.
• Document technical specifications using standard modeling techniques.
• Provide technical guidance to junior developers in implementing technical solutions
• Provide input to technical standards; assist in evaluating alternative protocols, tools and standards.
• Assist in WebSphere security, testing and administration techniques.
• Assume on-call responsibility for application code developed or inherited, troubleshoot and resolve production problems
• Report status on the development work
• Significant experience in Object-oriented Analysis and Design, use of standard modeling techniques, design patterns, UML, and Rational Rose or System Architect
• Significant experience in web application development using Java and J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, JDBC), XML, Oracle RDBMS
• Experience writing SQL statements for Oracle 10g
• Experience with RAD 7.0, WSAD, or Eclipse preferred
• Experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest preferred
• Experience working with analysts to interpret business requirements and offer, design and implement technical solutions
• Broad knowledge of methodologies, web technologies, technical solutions and their trends
• Experience in estimating development effort and creating a workplan
• Demonstrated technical leadership in developing and maintaining solutions for complex business problems involving web applications and large databases
• Very strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well independently and as part of the team.
• Candidate should have 5-7 years of progressive experience in the area of Java based web application development and maintenance
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Project desired
RAD 7.x, Websphere 6.x, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest, Oracle 10g, TOAD
Work Environment: Must be prepared to occasionally work late on weekday evenings (1+ times week) and occasional weekends. Must be able to work independently with customers. Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills.
The candidate needs to be able to pass the standard background investigation for government work and must have been and authorized to work in the United States for at least 2 years preceding the application. Citizenship not required.
Please send your resume to Lily Foks:
410 605 0090 (w)
919 271 3230 (m)